Middleware Technical Specialist
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 août 18 2018-08-15
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Technical Specialist
- We're looking for an experienced engineer to join our dedicated Middleware team in Production Management, taking on a lead technical role
- You'll have the opportunity to develop key products in the bank, with a view to automating the workstack
- It's a chance to work with like minded individual, delivering products which will help define the strategic future of the bank for 2020 and beyond
What you'll do
As an ITO MMO Middleware Engineer you'll deliver engineering services to our business and technology functions for strategic middleware and application server platforms. You'll report into the Platform Service Manager and be responsible for delivering against the infrastructure technology roadmap, developing new standards and global services to support our business and application requirements. Key aspects of your role will include:
- Acting as a recognised subject matter expert in middleware technology platforms
- Driving continuous improvements of existing processes and procedures in your area of expertise
- Helping to drive our automation agenda
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders and third party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business
- Participating in introducing new systems and developments into operation and handing over to support
- Act as a central point of customer contact and third level support, providing specialist knowledge to the incident management and request fulfilment processes
- Contributing to the overall vision and strategy for Production Management
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong technical experience, with a clear understanding of infrastructure engineering operating models and technology leadership within a middleware and java application server based environment. This will include engineering, implementation and past operational experience within the following areas:
- Expertise of a number of middleware products, with as many as possible of WAS ND; WAS Liberty, BPM, IODM, Business Monitor, WSRR, Portal, Tomcat Appache HTTP Server
- Shell Scripting, jython, python and wsadmin
- Experience in AIX Unix and Redhat Enterprise Linux O/S
- Performance monitoring tools such as such CA Wily IntroScope, WebSphere PMI, and their configuration and deployment within the middleware stack
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and pension. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.