Network Security - Platform Engineer
The Business Join us in Edinburgh as a Network Security - Platform Engineer
What you'll do
- Joining our Security Platform team, you'll be responsible for the technical leadership and management oversight of the day to day running of the platform
- You'll support the operation from a security point of view which will cover incident and change management as well as service delivery elements
- This is an engaging and varied technical leadership role in which you'll drive platform strategies and security road maps for the platform
This role will see you working cohesively with the overall Network Platform teams as well as Data, Engineering, OEMs and service vendors to develop and shape security platform strategies and technology roadmaps. You'll develop, align and evolve the platform, and provide technical leadership and management oversight for the running of day to day platform activities from an incident, recovery, change and problem management perspective.
The skills you'll need
- Identify service and cost improvement opportunities to make platform operations more efficient
- Contribute to Network Services' budgetary submissions for lifecycle and risk, addressing activities such as lifecycle management and the service improvement plan
- Work collaboratively with the hosting services platform, security and business teams to ensure that firewall changes are deployed effectively and efficiently
- Provide escalation support to the Network Operations team as required
We're looking for someone with strong data and security networks experience, well versed with network and security including firewalls including Fortinet, checkpoint and Cisco ASA. You'll also understand the direction in which the industry is moving, and you'll have a solid grasp of emerging tech cloud based security elements.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Incident and problem management experience
- Experience driving efficiencies in change and incident management
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and experience managing by influence
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.