Penetration Testing Specialist
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 24 juin 18 2018-06-24
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as Penetration Testing Specialist
- This is a highly technical role and we'll look to you to deliver expert penetration testing services in line with approved processes
- You'll provide customers with relevant and timely advice relating to identified findings and recommendations
- You'll perform conclusive, impact research on security vulnerabilities and popular computing technologies
- The work you do will help to keep both the bank and our customers safe
What you'll do
As Penetration Testing Specialist, you'll be responsible for carrying out security penetration testing activities for both client-facing and internal applications and infrastructure. You'll then provide vulnerability analysis on their findings in addition to technical remediation.
As well as this, you'll:
- Collaborate with IS risk analysts and consultants, and sometimes directly with the business, to provide advice on the mitigation of discovered flaws
- Support with the implementation of state-of-art security mechanisms
- Mentor team members to increase security knowledge
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need extensive web application and infrastructure level penetration testing experience. You'll also have a successful track record of discovering vulnerabilities and security flaws.
Along with knowledge of EWPTX or GWAPT, you'll have experience with end-to-end infrastructure involving OSCE, OSCP or GPEN. You'll also have a solid grasp of exploit development, and the ability to write technical reports and presentations.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- A flexible and adaptable approach to responsibilities, priorities and working practices
- The ability to prioritise your workload whilst maintaining close attention to detail
- Knowledge of testing methodologies such as OWASP, OSSTMM or ISSAF
- Strong communication skills
Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, C#, C, C++, Perl, PHP, or Python would be beneficial, as would knowledge of information security principles, programming security flaws and secure coding practices.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.