Join us as a Principal Engineer
What you'll do
- Join our Financial Crime Technology team in building a new platform for risk treatment for Customer Due Diligence
- You'll actively contribute to our architecture, design and engineering centre of excellence, collaborating to improve the bank's overall software engineering capability
- You'll gain valuable stakeholder exposure as you build and leverage relationships, as well as the opportunity to hone your technical talents
As a Principal Engineer, you'll be creating great customer outcomes via engineering and innovative solutions to existing and new challenges, and technology designs which are innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust.
You'll be working with software engineers in the production and prototyping of innovative ideas, engaging with domain and enterprise architects to validate and leverage these in wider contexts, by incorporating the relevant architectures. We'll also look to you to design and develop software with a focus on the automation of build, test and deployment activities, while developing the discipline of software engineering across the business.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Defining, creating and providing oversight and governance of engineering and design solutions with a focus on end-to-end automation, simplification, resilience, security, performance, scalability and reusability
- Working within a platform or feature team along with software engineers to design and engineer complex software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services, acting as a point of contact for solution design considerations
- Defining and developing architecture models and roadmaps of application and software components to meet business and technical requirements, driving common usability across products and domains
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing the working code, along with applying Agile methods to the development of software with the use of DevOps techniques
We're looking for a technical leader with significant experience in the engineering space, and proven hands on experience of working on various products of Pega. You'll have experience with version 8.x of the KYC and CLM Pega application, having delivered at least two projects.
Along with an expert understanding of the latest market trends, technologies and tools, you'll bring significant and demonstrable experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance.
You'll also need:
- Experience of modern integration patterns and technologies, API, microservices, and event streaming
- Experience of infrastructure or hosting patterns, public and private cloud, IaaS, CaaS, DevOps, CICD, and automation technologies
- A strong background in leading software development teams in a matrix structure, introducing and executing technical strategies
- Significant and demonstrable experience of test-driven development and using automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- The ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- A background of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis