Regulatory Operations Associate
Description About this role Team Overview
Transaction Management as part of Global Investment Operations is primarily responsible for the affirmation, confirmation, reporting and settlement of all trade activities generated by BlackRock, across all locations and all instruments. The global transaction management team is approximately 115 people across multiple locations.
The Implementation Team is responsible for partnering with broader Regulatory Operations to analyse new or changed regulation, providing business requirements and process re-engineering leadership to drive improved quality and enhanced efficiency. The role will cover various global regulations that are already in existence and also up and coming regulations. The team partners with Technology and Operations leadership to deliver business requirements, enhance business processes and creating test cases to support functional testing and UAT while ensuring that these and the delivery of them align to the various strategic initiatives currently underway to shape product, service and functional strategy. Key Responsibilities
- Partner L&C and the Regulatory Reporting Solutions team to understand regulatory change and the impact to Regulatory Reporting Operations
- Proactively identify and interpret changes in regulatory requirements, legislation and industry best practice that may affect the company and understand the impact these may have on the processes and control within the team
- Design and implement the Regulatory Reporting Operating Model ensuring it is fit for purpose in meeting our Regulatory requirements
- Participate and assist in local, regional, and global initiatives, in particular, strategic testing initiatives to ensure a successful implementation
- Ensuring that Operating models meet the Completeness and Accuracy requirements for existing and new Regulations
- Identifying ongoing technology development requirements to improve reporting efficiency and data integrity
- Risk & Control focus is a key skillset of the role. The ability to understand regulations and identify related control gaps in our processes is a key skillset
- Take on ownership and accountability for BlackRock's regulatory reporting change agenda and become the subject matter expert (SME)
- Ideally 3-5 years Investment Operations experience preferably within Trade settlement and trade confirmation roles across multiple asset classes
- Regulatory reporting experience and knowledge preferably with EMIR & MIFID
- Understanding of Derivative financial markets and related instruments
- Experience in audit and/or controls are preferred.
- Demonstrates a risk focus and an understanding of the importance of identifying potential risks and of reporting risks to line management and other relevant parties.
- Consistent track record of positive relationship management skills, with the ability to engage a broad network of colleagues to resolve issues.
- Data analysis including assessing data quality and any potential gaps
- Analytical mind set to resolve immediate issues with tactical solutions with a view on strategic solutions
- An analytical and systematic approach to work
- Confident technology skills including knowledge of database tables, writing SQL query and advanced excel
- Focus on outcomes and quick execution
- Urgency and escalation awareness
- Ability to continually question and challenge process and control effectiveness
- Proactively learn systems and the processes behind the theory of what they are completing and display proficiency in those core systems to efficiently solve problems and queries.
- Ability to facilitate compromise between conflicting requirements or points of view
- Have strong experience of supporting a change agenda in reviewing requirements and design, participating in User Acceptance Testing and supporting rollout of change initiatives
- Able to take ownership of the design and operating effectiveness of key controls and processes
- Understand industry and market driven initiatives to understand risks and impacts
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.