See job description for details
The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as a Release Train Manager
What you'll do
- This is an exciting opportunity to join what we believe to be the only UK initiative to transform bank-wide engineering using customer journey techniques
- No two days will be the same and you'll have the chance to be true servant leader and help ensure consistent Agile delivery at scale
- As a Release Train Manager, you'll sit within the Engineering Platform and have the opportunity to shape and drive this new team, providing excellent development opportunities
As the Release Train Manager, you'll be responsible for facilitating the planning, timing and execution of delivery roadmaps and pipelines, within and across domain platforms. Your primary purpose is to align the vision, planning, and interdependencies of many teams by providing cross-team synchronisation of the delivery of the portfolio and domain pipeline.
Role modelling servant leadership, you'll focus on the continuous flow and frequent delivery of business value and enhanced customer experience, escalating impediments, managing risks, helping assure value delivery and driving continuous improvement at the programme and domain level.
Your other responsibilities include:
The skills you'll need
- Leading the design and management of the engineering community
- Creating a maturity model for communities of practice (CoP), data collection of existing CoPs and the measurement of CoP against the maturity model
- Driving the improvement opportunities backlog within the UK, making sure data is captured
- Tracking and driving traction on addressable concrete benefits to improve engineering productivity
- Supporting the delivery of engineering capability uplift activity
- Leading on the execution of local community events from the engineering practice backlog
To be successful in this role, you'll need proven ability to manage a range of stakeholder relationships both internally and with third parties.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Excellent people management and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Agile tools and techniques to deliver business value
- Experience of hands-on engineering
- A background in customer journey mapping and other UX techniques
- Knowledge of change and a passion for continuous improvement
- Communications management experience with strong social media skills
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .