Securities Lending Operations Analyst
Description About this role Team Overview
Technology & Operations(T&O) is responsible for the firm's worldwide operations across all asset classes and geographies. The operational functions are aligned with clients, products, fund structures and our third party provider networks. Global Investment Operations(GIO),function within T&O, develops the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. GIO spans Trading & Market Documentation, Transaction Management, Collateral Management & Payments, Asset Servicing including Corporate Actions and Cash & Asset Operations, and Securities Lending Operations. GIO provides operational service to BlackRock's Portfolio Managers and Traders globally to ensure we provide better service to our end clients.
The global team works in close alignment with the Securities Lending business, the team plays a key role in the delivery of the Securities Lending product, and in enabling the business to flexibly adapt to emerging business opportunities and client needs. It also has a meaningful role in the risk management process, as well as management of internal and external service providers. The team handles several key facets of the post-trade securities loan process, including trade support, collateral management, sufficiency management, settlement and reconciliation.
As a Securities Lending Operations Specialist, you'll work closely with colleagues globally - other operations specialists, traders, product managers, business analysts, risk managers, IT developers and client-facing teams - to support existing and new trading strategies, improve technology and reporting, and develop new products and services. You'll have a chance to create an impact by enabling the business to capitalize on special lending opportunities, improving performance and efficiency, supporting the onboarding of new inventory and the expansion of relationships with clients, borrowers and service providers. Role Responsibility
Qualifications and experience:
- Manage and ensure timely loan and return settlement in all markets and resolve related issues daily.
- Ensure appropriate collateral is agreed and transacted with counterparties daily. Calculate margin requirements to ensure compliance with internal and client guidelines, and provide reporting to auditors, management and clients.
- Ensure sufficiency management is reviewed with appropriate actions taken to mitigate securities lending risks to client investment portfolios.
- Follow established procedures and perform appropriate controls (including cash, security and collateral reconciliations), while exercising good judgment in managing risk and following escalation procedures.
- Coordinate and manage internal and external service provider relationships - ensure successful delivery of contracted services, proactively address and problem solve, build and adapt service level standards and agreements to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain close relationships and partnerships with Securities Lending and other BlackRock colleagues (traders, product managers, technology teams, etc.), as well as with external service providers, custodians and counterparties.
- Develop expertise in local market practices through experience, training, classes and outside research, to ensure best of class service.
- Support the continued evolution of the Securities Lending technology platform and global process model. Participate in projects as they relate to broader business product and system development, as well as process re-design and improvement.
- Seek to influence the evolution of the marketplace through participation in industry associations and vendor initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Previous experience of working in a global organization preferred
- Understanding of financial markets and related instruments
- A strong emphasis on time management in addition to being well organized and detail -oriented
- Great teammate with attention to details, problem solving abilities, and analytical skills
- Ability to multi task and be flexible in terms of working towards defined deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and an aptitude for learning new applications
- The ability to perform optimally in an environment of rapid and continual change
- Excellent communication skills to effectively articulate solutions with partners
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.