Senior Audit Manager - Credit Risk
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 juin 18 2018-06-23
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Audit Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- This is an excellent opportunity to join our Internal Audit function as a Senior Audit Manager within the Risk and Finance team
- You'll help manage our audit coverage of Credit Risk across the bank and will have a significant impact on our risk assessment and audit process
- We're looking for a strong, established internal auditor with a thorough grounding in risk management principles to join us in this key role
- You'll draw on your significant credit risk experience and understanding of risk measures, and will put your detailed knowledge of the regulatory environment relevant to this role to full use
What you'll do
You'll manage your team to deliver audit engagements, which will at times be complex and high profile in nature. You'll retain oversight while your team carries out their testing, ensuring that both the audits' quality and progress meet the standards expected, and that the testing completed fulfils the scope of the audit plan.
You'll also set standards for rigor and efficiency, making sure that resources are allocated flexibly and effectively within your portfolio. You'll also influence the business control environment by contributing to the high quality and impactful engagement reports produced by your team, and by providing business management with advice on good risk management.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a small team of graduates and managers, and helping to recruit and manage talent and underperformance
- Providing quality, efficient and effective assurance, influencing business managers to improve controls, and contributing to Internal Audit strategic initiatives
- Effectively leading high profile strategic engagements which have the potential to add significant business value, including the effective planning of the engagement, completion of audit fieldwork and reporting
- Making sure the engagements you're responsible for are appropriately scoped, and managing the prompt and effective response to ad hoc business requests
- Contributing to continuous monitoring in support of entity assurance planning and reporting, taking responsibility for a particular area or risk element
- Contributing to the development of audit plans, adding your input as a credit risk expert
- Leveraging Internal Audit's methodology and tools, identifying key risks and making sure the appropriate tools are used
- When needed, deputising for the Head of Audit at key risk governance, programme and stakeholder forums
The skills you'll need
You'll have an excellent understanding of credit risk in large financial institutions, together with a proven ability to oversee and manage projects that are delivered on time, to budget and to the right quality.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
- Proven experience of managing high impact relationships with senior management level stakeholders, and confidence when you need to challenge or influence
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.