Senior Audit Manager, Operational Risk (12 months)
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 oct. 18
See job description for details
We're hiring a Senior Audit Manager for Operational Risk, based in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity to be recognised for your rigour, leadership, and integrity
- You'll be joining our trusted Internal Audit function, positioning you in a highly visible part of the bank and giving you the opportunity to gain a great insight into how we work
- Internal Audit provides audit oversight and assurance which helps keep the bank and our customers safe
- We're offering the role for a period of 12 months
What you'll do
This is a leading role in delivering the strategic audit plan for Operational Risk. You'll take ownership of a section of the plan, working with the Head of Audit and using your intelligence of business and assurance priorities to provide input into its formation. You'll then take the lead in ensuring engagements are scoped, scheduled and resourced, and will contribute to approach papers ahead of each engagement. Some of the key aspects of your role will include:
- Managing and coaching your team as they deliver engagements which will be at times complex and high profile in nature
- Retaining oversight during testing, ensuring that both the audits' quality and progress meet the standards expected, and that the testing completed fulfils the scope of the audit plan
- Setting standards for rigour and efficiency, and making sure that resources are allocated flexibly and effectively within your portfolio
- Contributing to high quality and impactful written engagement reports produced by your team, and providing the business leaders with advice on prudent risk management
- Building credibility and trust with business stakeholders to enhance Internal Audit's reputation as an objective and trustworthy business partner
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a strong, experienced internal auditor or risk manager, with a thorough grounding in risk management principles and a meticulously investigative approach. You'll need to be able to demonstrate how you've successfully led a team in delivering complex projects - audit or otherwise - while keeping a firm hand on budget, time and quality. A relevant qualification such as Chartered Accountants (CA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) would be desirable.
You'll also need:
- Effective communication and influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate with, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to communicate sometimes complex concepts to your stakeholders in an easy to understand way
- Good commercial acumen, with a strategic mindset
- Confidence to challenge old ways of working to benefit the business
- The ability to audit with pace, adapting to changes in the business where required
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.