See job description for details
The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as a Senior SAS Administrator
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity to work in a team who support analytics tools across RBS, with great exposure to new technologies
- You'll be supporting with four large production SAS platforms, used across all business functions
- This is a diverse, busy team and there are plenty of opportunities to take on different tasks each day
You'll be responsible for providing technical leadership in the delivery of excellent service to our customers through one or more service management disciplines, such as Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Capacity, Availability or Configuration Management.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Delivering technical support for the relevant platforms, activities and processes
- Providing technical leadership and direction in support of IT systems
- Taking ownership of services in the relevant areas, keeping the customer at the forefront
- Driving continuous improvements of existing processes and procedures
You'll need extensive SAS Platform and SAS Grid Administration experience on large scale platforms in production environments, as well as in-depth knowledge of UNIX OS and scripting. You'll have proven experience of installation, configuration and support of SAS9.2 and later releases.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- The ability to work to determine root cause of issues with minimum guidance
- Advanced knowledge of one or more Service Management disciplines such as Incident, Problem, Change IT, Continuity or Capacity
- Relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .