Senior Software Engineer
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 mai 18 2018-05-25
See job description for details
Join us as in Edinburgh or Manchester as a Senior Software Engineer working on our mortgage transformation programme
- Hone your project management skills and gain valuable experience working on a high profile project to transform the way our customers buy homes
- Grow your technical knowledge of key developments impacting financial services today, such as open banking regulation, mobile channels and cloud technologies
- You'll be working closely with key stakeholders in this new, rapidly expanding team, and will be joining us right at the start of the process
What you'll do
We're embarking on a major investment to transform our mortgages offering and build on our position as a leader in the home ownership market. The programme will make us the lender of choice, allowing customers to get a lending decision on a home in just minutes. We're now building a talented team of technologists to make that vision a reality, shaping and delivering the new components and platforms that will enable this exciting change.
As a senior member of the technology team you'll be responsible for the end-to-end architecture and delivery of specific project components, including by:
- Planning work using agile tools and techniques
- Identifying appropriate technical components to build out the solution
- Working with technical partners offering specialist capabilities
- Leading and mentoring technical colleagues in your feature team
- Collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders across the bank to share experiences, and validate the technical direction
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience as a senior software engineer, preferably in the financial sector. An understanding of Agile approaches and how to operate in an agile development group is also essential.
Technically, you'll have full stack capabilities, with a broad range of design, development and development skills. You'll have a knowledge of a broad range of technologies, with particular focus on service oriented architecture, building microservices, use of the cloud, knowledge of security patterns, orchestration technologies and automated testing and deployment.
You'll also need:
- Knowledge of DevOps approaches and working practices
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to lead others through the project lifecycle, ensuring business aims are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to guide and mentor more junior technical members of the scrum team to meet project goals against tight deadlines
- A collaborative approach and the ability to build productive relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and senior managers
- A solid understanding of risk management principals and of financial services, particularly retail banking and lending products
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.