System Operator, Networks in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a System Operator, Networks
What you'll do
- Hone your analytical skills as you provide support to ensure the operational health of the platform, covering all aspects of service, risk, cost and people
- You'll be supporting the platforms' operational stability and technology performance, including maintaining any system's utilities and tools provided by the platform
- Working as part of a shift based team, you'll be contributing to optimum levels of availability of all of our key technology infrastructure and services through proactive monitoring and triage of alerts and events
- This is an opportunity to learn a variety of new skills in a constantly evolving environment, working closely with feature teams to continuously enhance your development
As a System Operator, you'll be supporting the team's activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps, while supporting change demands from domains or centres of excellence. You'll be contributing to and supporting the delivery of a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms.
In addition, you'll be contributing to the delivery of customer outcomes, innovation and early learning by contributing to test products and services to identify early on if they are viable and deliver the desired outcomes. You'll be supporting the delivery of the technical road map and implementing the priorities of the senior business representative and business product owners, while optimising and achieving targets for the cycle time, risk and cost profiles of the platform.
Your role will involve:
The skills you'll need
- Contributing to the platform risk culture, making sure that risks are discussed and understood at every step, and effectively collaborating to mitigate risk
- Contributing to the planning and execution of work within the platform and the timely servicing of feature development requests from cross platform initiatives, and supporting the delivery of regulatory reporting
- Participating and seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform infrastructure, architecture, services and customer solutions, guarding against introducing new complexity
- Building relationships with platform, domain and relevant cross-domain stakeholders
- Making sure that controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX, to ensure full compliance to all our policies and regulatory obligations
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level. You'll need a solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains
- Basic knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment
- An understanding of operational principles
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.