Testing Specialist Analyst
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 20 juin 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Join us as a Performance Testing Specialist Analyst in our Digital Studio in Edinburgh
- This is a chance to work on the high profile Strategic Account Opening programme, which will transform one of our customers' most fundamental experiences with us
- The programme is omni channel, dynamic and exciting, and is being delivered with the latest DevOps tools and using Agile methodology
- You'll be joining a positive and supportive team based in a new, modern digital studio, and can expect a relaxed and casual environment with a range of flexible working options
What you'll do
You'll help to deliver the SAO Programme: a transformational programme that is spearheading the adoption of DevOps and of scaled Agile delivery. We're drawing on state of the art development methodologies and customer-led design to deliver a 'best in class' customer onboarding and product sales platform that will create a frictionless experience for both new and existing customers, and will cover the Digital and Mobile channels as well as the in-branch service. Your role will be to understand the non-functional requirements in the form of solution designs, and to plan, prepare and execute performance testing activities. In doing so, you'll be collaborating with other test team members in both the UK and in India. Other aspects of your role will include:
- Reviewing and feeding back into the creation of non functional requirements for SAO releases
- Leading performance test planning, specification and execution
- Working with technical subject matter experts to translate non functional requirements into performance testing plan, scenarios and scripts
- Creating a performance testing framework and scripts using allocated tools
- Exploring new technologies and tools and coming up with efficient test utilities
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with in-depth experience of leading performance testing using Agile methodology - from planning and preparation to execution - and strong experience writing and dry-running scripts with common performance test tools, such as Load runner, Performance Centre, Silk Performer, Gatling and JMeter. You should have strong experience of performance testing both common application and web technologies, and good knowledge of performance testing multi channel digital applications in the core banking and finance industry. We'll also expect:
- Previous experience of designing and delivering performance test strategy using Agile
- The technical expertise to analyse performance bottlenecks and identify improvements in both the application under test and the underlying infrastructure
- Strong experience of performance monitoring different server protocols, infrastructure, counter types and different application layers
- Experience writing performance testing governance documentation, including test plans and completion report
While not essential, knowledge of SQL, HTML 5, micro services, and IBM DataPower architecture would be an advantage, as would an understanding of cloud ecosystem and associated technologies, such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
For this role, we will also offer you training to build the skills we are looking for.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.