Testing Specialist Analyst
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 juin 18 2018-06-23
See job description for details
We're looking for a Testing Specialist Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- Join our Testing team, working in a new modern digital studio in a relaxed and friendly environment
- You'll have access to the RBS testing community and on the job external training, coaching opportunities and lunch and learn sessions
- Hone your existing testing skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for undertaking testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principals. Testing can relate to all or specific stages of the project life cycle including smoke/sanity, static testing, systems testing, systems integration testing, user acceptance testing, non functional testing and release testing. The degree of expertise and specialism required increases as a Testing Analyst becomes more experienced and skilled.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding and analysing testing requirements, including non functional requirements
- Working with colleagues to plan and manage the work necessary to perform and monitor testing for projects
- Reviewing the requirement specifications, functional specifications, business requirements documents, non functional requirements, design documents and ensuring that the test requirements are understood to build the test plans
- Reviewing, analysing and providing feedback on project documents to aid the creation of test plans, test schedule and test strategy
- Raising queries to fill in gaps and highlight any risks to the Test Manager for the corresponding work packet
- Producing test plans, both functional and non functional to detail the approach to the planning and execution of tests for a specific phase of testing aligning to test strategy
The skills you'll need
You'll need experience of designing Test automation framework, automation tool selection, Continuous Integration and Agile development. You'll also need Team Lead experience leading a team of automation developers/testers/Software Developers in Test, ideally in a multi-location environment including off shore.
You'll also need:
- Strong, hands-on automating testing or development experience, ideally in Java
- Strong knowledge of automation testing multi channel digital application within Core Banking or the Financial industry
- Previous experience planning day to day technical activities for automation testing
- Expertise with Jenkins, Protractor, Cucumber, Node.js, Browser Stack and Selenium
- Well versed with Agile testing, metrics, estimation skills, working with story points, velocity etc.
- Technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve day to day technical issues in both automating application under test as well as enhancements to the automation capability
- Knowledge of HTML 5, micro services, Business Process Management, IBM DataPower architecture
- An understanding of Cloud ecosystem and associated technologies Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Silk Test Tools
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.