UK TA Officer - Cash, Settlements and Reconciliations
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The purpose of this role is to assume SME responsibility for the day to day deliverables of Cash & Settlement process for GDTA, Edinburgh. This will include ensuring deliverables sent to client are as per agreed quality standards. Additionally, jobholder will also be required to provide timely inputs to the Manager and Management for required MIs and KPIs and deputise for the Manager in their absence.
Impact on the Business:
- Key role for the delivery of a cohesive service to our clients and their investors.
- Responsible for Cash Settlement deliverables across multiple clients.
- Ensure day to day activities within the department and that all tasks are processed in accordance with agreed procedures and controls and in accordance with relevant fund parameters.
- Ensure team is achieving required internal and external deadlines.
- Train and develop staff.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the Transfer Agency processes and procedures in consultation with the Manager.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects from time to time as necessary.
- Ensure that the team are customer focused and that a high standard of service is provided.
- Review team's processing at each step up to sign-off stage.
- Provide input into planning and controlling the Team's workload and workflow.
- Ensure all relevant output confirmations are sent as per the agreed SLAs to relevant stakeholders (Internal and External).
- Jobholder should be aware of latest UK regulations with regards to Client Money to ensure the process and Clients are CASS compliant.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Previous experience in cash management, settlement activities and reconciliation is essential.
- Previous experience in Investor/Shareholder Services/Transfer Agency is essential.
- Demonstration of strong knowledge of TA Operational Transaction Activity for the UK industry is Essential
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry is Essential.
- Product knowledge of alternative and traditional Funds is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deadline is essential.
- Strong business sense and awareness of the key risk areas of the business.
- Practical experience of process reviews and re-engineering required.
- Strong inter-personal and strategic thinking and the ability and vision to drive teams forward and support from the front.
- Service oriented and customer focused.
- Ability to ensure deadlines, controls and procedures are adhered to.
- Ability to review issues, and organise and proactively contribute to the team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring new and junior members of the team is desirable
- Ongoing membership and continued professional development is a core requirement of the role including commitment to CPD and ongoing learning (this will likely require membership of an appropriate professional body and continuing development to maintain membership)
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.