Unix Technical Analyst
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 juin 18 2018-06-21
See job description for details
We're looking for a Unix Technical Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- Join our Technology function and help us to provide first in class customer service
- Provide operational input to engineering roadmaps for each of the distributed platforms
- Hone your existing analytical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be accountable for the provision of a reliable, stable and sustainable service which meets the customers' needs. You'll be driving, facilitating and implementing IT service improvements across the UNIX estate.
You'll also be:
- Supporting the major incident management process and clearly articulating business impacts for affected services
- Identifying, tracking and managing key operational risks to the service, providing strong coordination with key stakeholders
- Playing a lead and active role in complex multi-platform recovery scenarios
- Working with the Technology Integration Programmes and Operational Planning to transition new services into EP
The skills you'll need
You'll need some IT Services Management experience in a similarly complex UNIX environment and business relationship management experience. Experience in a banking role would be desirable.
You'll also need:
- Proven experience in managing multiple complex activities simultaneously to tight deadlines
- Experience working with ITIL processes
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.