Tax Advisor - Energy, International Tax Services
- Aberdeen, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 janv. 18 2018-01-22
Job Title: Tax Advisor - Energy, International Tax Services Location: Aberdeen Salary Level: Competitive
Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you'll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
The International Tax Services team has advised on some of the major market transactions with top FTSE multinationals and continues to secure some of the most interesting work in the market. The work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients' businesses.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the global international tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand in the market for the international tax services. We have teams aligned to four sectors, being:
- Telecoms, Media and Technology
- Products & Services
- Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction
With specialist partners and directors across our London and Aberdeen offices we have the largest Energy practice in the UK, with market dominance in both London and Aberdeen. We benefit from a global network of market leading practices in Houston and other key energy centres. We provide a full service offering, with key audit clients as well as a busy transaction practice. You may already have experience in the Energy sector or just have a passion and interest in developing your sector knowledge further with the only energy specialist international tax practice in the UK.
Your key responsibilities
- You'll manage the successful delivery of international tax services engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence
- Build and maintain relationships with our clients and provide high levels of client service
- Spot opportunities and involve colleagues to help us continuously develop our commercial proposition to our clients
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients and engagements
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have
- Background in corporate tax with some demonstrable advisory experience
- You'll have one of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
What we look for
You'll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we'll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you're in the best place to develop you tax career.
As a Tax Advisor with EY you'll be working on an exclusively advisory portfolio from day one with access to an unmatched client base, working with smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals. The types of project you'll contribute towards may include:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre- merger reorganisations and post-merger integration
- Organisational structure rationalisation
- Business model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you're contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.