Accountant - Financial & Statutory Reporting
The London/Belfast CME Corporate Accounting team are an integral part of the Global CME Corporate Accounting function. This role will be 1 of 2 roles based in the Belfast office within the Statutory and Regulatory Reporting team. The role reports directly to the Financial Reporting Manager.
The Statutory and Regulatory Reporting team is split between the London and Belfast office. The team are responsible for the accurate and timely production of both monthly and quarterly Management Accounts, Regulatory Reporting and Annual Statutory Company Accounts for EMEA and APAC businesses within the wider CME Group.
- Preparation of annual solo company statutory financial statements for EMEA and APAC entities under Financial Reporting Standards 101 ('FRS 101')
- Assisting in the preparation of annual consolidated sub group company statutory financial statements under International Financial Reporting Standard ('IFRS')
- Assisting in the preparation of technical accounting papers
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory returns
- Assisting with the completion of special projects as they are assigned by Management. (Projects may include system updates, company rationalisation projects etc.)
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and posting of accounting journals
Experience & Skills required
• A part-qualified or newly qualified accountant (ACA , CIMA, ACCA - study package available)
• Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards
• Experience of working with external auditors, including responding to audit queries and building a good relationship with the audit team
• Good organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Hands on approach and a team player, able to work with and support members of the team as appropriate
• Strong accuracy, analytical skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in Excel (advanced), PowerPoint and Word.
Experience that is desirable but not essential
• Preparation of consolidated statutory financial statements under IFRS
• Preparation of annual solo company statutory financial statements prepared under Singapore GAAP, Swedish GAAP and Dutch GAAP
• Experience of Workday finance systems and OneSource
• Preparation of management accounts
• Regulatory returns filing - NFA, FINREP, IFR/COREP returns
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.