Cloud Pod Lead, Cloud Engineering, Belfast
Are you curious? Do you like driving the use of the latest technologies to solve business problems?
We work in partnership with some of the biggest clients in the world. You'll work alongside and lead people with a diverse range of skillsets where your ideas are valued. We'll help you skill-up and improve in the areas that excite you.
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven Pod Lead to take a lead role in our Cloud practice, develop our established team, and to play a central role in the delivery of secure scalable services.
Culture is hugely important to us. The successful candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with a huge focus on respect and inclusion across a diverse and talented team. You will thrive using technology to automate solutions and optimise outcomes, implementing public cloud infrastructure solutions in support of key client projects in a challenging and fast paced environment.
Deloitte is a Premier Partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS). We have teamed up with AWS in Belfast to develop our own training and innovation programme. As a commitment to all successful candidates we provide you with dedicated time and support to develop your skills towards certifications in AWS and other technologies. You will also get the chance to work directly with AWS Solution Architects and be part of a programme to pilot new and beta AWS services.
Deloitte Cloud is an evolving enabling capability within the world's leading professional services firm. Business Operations
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization. Your role
We are looking for a leader with a broad range of technology and team leadership skills who can help to drive our strategy, lead the conversations with our clients and mentor and lead our people. Experience in working with cloud technologies is preferred but not essential. Responsibilities
• You will lead a team of DevOps Engineers
• You will understand what it takes to deliver and support high quality solutions that align to the needs of our clients
• You will encourage accountability and a willingness to go further to offer the great service our clients expect, whilst maintaining our team ethos and protecting our team culture
• You will collaborate with other Cloud Leads to foster a continuous improvement culture in the cloud organisation
• You will assist business development teams in sales pursuits, if required
• You will lead the development of the cutting-edge tools we use to provide world class services to our clients
• You will lead the production of internal technical documentation
• You will troubleshoot and improve existing DevOps processes and provide support and advice for development teams
• You will be a self-starter and will actively recommend improvements to supported applications to increase resilience and performance
• You will be curious and want to keep ahead of the game, getting involved in beta programmes and keeping pace with the latest technologies
• You will be readily available to assist with outages, escalations and other unexpected issues that may arise
• You will be a strong communicator
• You will be a decision maker
• You will be willing to participate in a Tier 3 on-call support rota Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: This role is based in at our Lincoln Building office in Belfast with occasional travel to other Deloitte locations and client sites.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
To be considered for this role you will have:
• Experience leading a DevOps technical team
• Leadership experience of managing, mentoring and developing others
• Proven ability to articulate complex technical issues to clients and/or stakeholders
• Delivery experience of managing day to day operations across multiple clients
• Experience managing team financials and budgets Additional desirable experience includes:
• Cloud experience with an eagerness to develop AWS skills
• Proven scripting experience in one or more languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash or similar)
• Strong experience of building and administering Linux or Windows based systems
• Experience with configuration management tooling such as Terraform, Ansible or similar
• Practical experience of designing and developing pipelines using tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
• Experience with container-based development approaches
• Experience with AWS Serverless stack
• Experience of agile delivery methods
• Experience with Enterprise security controls and security by design principles Your service line:
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167428