Compliance Surveillance Analyst - Personal Trading & Outside Activities
Serves as a compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)'s Surveillance team responsible for the design, implementation, and oversight for a suite of surveillances designed to detect behaviors that may violate regulatory rules or internal policies and procedures. When potentially anomalous behavior is detected, the team is responsible for escalating the activity and working collaboratively with partners across the first and second lines of defense to determine the appropriate resolution of the matter, which may include employee discipline. . The ICRM Global Surveillance platform encompasses a number of surveillance related portfolios including trade surveillance, e-communications and voice surveillance, employee trading, outside activities surveillance, and information barrier surveillance. Responsibilities:
- Assisting team members with the reviewing and analyzing of surveillance alerts and/or reports relating to firm, employee and client trading activity. Properly documenting the review and disposition of the exceptions as well as escalating matters appropriately.
- Gathering and analyzing trade data to assist in the Firm's response to inquiries received from governmental and exchange regulatory bodies. Supporting the compliance group in evaluating surveillance results for potential problems, communicating surveillance findings to management in a clear and concise manner as well as interacting with legal and other compliance personnel.
- Responding to inquiries or requests from internal partners (e.g. ICRM Assurance, Internal Audit, and Legal).
- Assisting with the design and implementation of new surveillances as well as the refinement of existing ones.
- Other responsibilities include handling telephone hotlines and performing data entry.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Proven project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Some knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor's degree; experience in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof, Advanced degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .