Corporate Actions Analyst
Description Overview of Citi:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: None
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19024295
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. Team/Function and Role Overview:
The Corporate Actions areas purpose is to reconcile all positions across the stock record and then manage the risk to the firm and our clients on securities undergoing a corporate event. The team provides client-orientated support to both the front and middle offices and the Swap/Prime Business. The role involves the processing of all Mandatory corporate action events. Position types supported are Firm Trading books, Prime Brokerage & and Stock Lending positions across all entities and markets. Key Responsibilities:
- Validating and enriching announcement details for Mandatory, Choice and Voluntary events
- Understanding Corporate Action event and market types for downstream processing
- Identifying any risk within the event and/or process
- Chasing Companies, agents for missing corporate action information.
- Preparing reports containing Corporate Action event data.
- Managing Alert queues in ASPEN
- Understand and adhere to Restricted List and Sanction processes
- Management and active resolution of risk items.
- Support and cover for team colleagues during period of extensive volume, holiday and cross training.
- Involvement is Strategic System UAT and Requirement Gathering
- Exposure to a wide range of financial markets.
- Exposure to a wide range of product types and desk strategies.
- Exposure to multiple operations areas.
- Growing area.
- Exposure to senior desk management.
- Exposure to senior ops management.
- Industry experience, preferably within Asset Servicing/Corporate Actions an advantage
- Proven record of accuracy and effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Exposure to managing tactical and strategic initiatives
- Risk management experience
- Excellent communication skills required to negotiate at a senior level and to articulate complex recommendations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- An ability to drive and implement change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have eye for detail.
- Educated to GCSE Level standard or equivalent.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Competencies:
What we offer:
- Self-motivated and have an active approach to problem resolution.
- Client service focussed.
- Must possess the ability to work well under pressure, be able to manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise on a daily basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Able to successfully react to workload changes.
- Demonstrate strong team player approach.
- Strong organisational skills.
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer