Cyber Defense Response Analyst I
2022 is an exciting year for technology professionals to join CME Group following the recent $1bn equity investment from Google. CME Group has also agreed a long-term partnership with Google to migrate our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud in a visionary partnership to transform the global derivatives markets through technology.
"Bringing together CME Group's best-in-class financial talent with Google Cloud's deep engineering expertise will help accelerate technological innovation in capital markets infrastructure." - Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud
The Cyber Defense Response Analyst position is responsible for performing validation of escalated security events and performing incident response per established processes and procedures. This includes both performing technical analysis of security issues as well as handling documentation and project management aspects of incident response. Primary Responsibilities:
Technical Skill Proficiency Targets:
- Act as lead incident handler for low severity incidents.
- Perform technical analysis of multiple sources of data, including network flows/packet data, host forensic artifacts, and application/system logs.
- Manage incident communications, including establishing/scheduling bridge lines and periodic incident update calls.
- Document incident tasks and updates in the incident management system.
Dynamic Malware Analysis - Beginner
Static Malware Analysis - Beginner
Incident Handling - Beginner
Network Concepts - Beginner
Network Forensics/Analysis - Beginner
Host Based Forensics - Beginner
Memory Forensics - Beginner
Programming/Scripting - Beginner
Log Analysis - Beginner
Web Application Security - Beginner
Detection/Content Development - Beginner Personal Attributes:
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High level critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into network/security issues and products.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple goals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical, management and senior leadership
Formal Education & Certifications
- No formal work experience is required for this position. (0-2 Years Typical)
- Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for information security through course work/degrees completed, self-study, and/or certifications that have been completed.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems or related work experience
- Certifications such as SANS GSEC, GCIH, and GCFE (or related knowledge/experience) are desired.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.