Desktop Support Analyst
Desktop Support Analyst
A Leading F/S business are looking to hire a Desktop Support Engineer to work in their Helpdsk and Desktop Team in Belfast.
6 month contract - paying max of £170 a day (PAYE or UMBRELLA only)
You will be supporting approximately 19,000+ users with over 25,000 desktops, plus laptop and Corporate Mobile devices.
A combination of 1st line resolution over the phone as well as efficient 2nd line incident management techniques is needed to evaluate and implement changes for the business including implementing other changes across the Desktop environment and infrastructure it uses.
The Service Desk currently provides coverage 24x7 from Sunday to Friday and implements a follow the sun model, so shift work will be included.
This role will suit someone who has a good support background alongside strong people management skills, and wants to progress into a more high profile role on a busy Trading Floor / Banking environment.
In addition, they will be required to ensure the response levels for the Premium Client Service Centre's phone systems and incident management queues are maintained. This may require escalation to other teams, both internal and external in order to deliver the expected level of service for the Business.
Key Responsibilities and Performance
- Respond to inbound calls to the Premium Client Service Centre in a professional and efficient manner, dealing with and resolving as many desktop issues as possible over the phone and by remote console
- Directly assist clients with any end-user issue for general faults, request identification and resolution
- Dealing with customer non-fault related requests e.g. Moves, Changes and Installations, data and application access, including setting up for new hires for technology requirements.
- Take the lead on particular tasks or projects affecting our clients, manage and report on progress to service desk group manager and /or Senior Management as required.
- As the team specialist, there will be an expectation on the individual to show leadership and take on ad-hoc projects whilst working on BAU. Update team tasks on the SharePoint, compile the agenda for the Team meetings.
Core Role Competencies
- Familiar with different Operating systems including but not limited to XP/ Win7/Win10/Mac and also MS Office Professional (all flavours)
Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
- Other IT Support based qualifications / training
Skills / Experience Levels
- You have good communication, presentation, and analytical skills with the ability to articulate to stakeholders
- You are enthusiastic, willing to learn and you love sharing your knowledge with the team
- You work independently and are self-directed.
Desirable skills/ Experience
- Helpdesk / Call Management system
- VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
- Trade floor / Investment Banking Support Experience
- Market Data ( Reuters, Bloomberg, etc...) experience
- Trading applications, such as MMI, Market View, Trading Technologies
- Mobile Apps (Blackberry Work; Blackberry Access; Blackberry Connect)
- Exposure to the demanding Front Office business environment
- Increase in technical support knowledge with current Trading applications.