Head of Retail Internal Ratings-Based (IRB) Modelling
- Belfast, Irlande du Nord, Royaume-Uni Belfast Irlande du Nord GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 juin 18 2018-06-23
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as Head of Retail Internal Ratings-Based (IRB) Modelling
- This role will see you managing the Internal Ratings-Based (IRB) models suite across our entire spectrum of retail portfolios
- You'll be leading a complex programme of model redevelopment activity to comply with new and emerging European Banking Authority guidelines
- Working at a senior level within the organisation, you'll enjoy considerable interaction with senior stakeholders and regulators
- You'll be developing specialist skills relating to new and emerging regulatory requirements, while benefitting from flexible working options
What you'll do
Sitting within our Credit IRB Modelling team, you'll be responsible for the development and maintenance of a suite of robust, effective and compliant statistical models producing measures of probability of default, exposure at default and loss given default for retail portfolios.
You'll maintain a clearly defined and effective framework within which models are developed and managed in a controlled manner, mitigating excessive model risk. You'll also provide actionable MI covering all aspects of model performance, and identify opportunities for improvement, both in terms of the models and measures produced, and the approaches and processes used within the team.
As well as this, you'll be responsible for:
- Engaging with risk and other functions and customer franchises to ensure that modelling and the model suite is suitably integrated with other activities
- Providing leadership for model proposals developed by the team as they pass through phases of review by other functions
- Managing a team of technically specialised, analytical employees, ensuring sufficient opportunities for development and progression to build capability and productivity
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of the development and practical application of risk models, and an understanding of risk systems, data, methodologies and processes gained in a retail banking environment. Along with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, you'll have a strong leadership style and the ability to motivate and develop others.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- Experience working in within a regulatory regime in financial services, particularly in the context of credit risk models
- The ability to manage and develop a highly technically skilled team
- Project management experience
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.