Lead Software Engineer
- Belfast, Irlande du Nord, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 17 nov. 18
Lead Software Engineer
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast as a Lead Software Engineer, initially supporting Regulatory Data Services. As the worlds leading and most diverse marketplace, w e have a significant commitment to our regulators, across the globe, for monitoring trading activity to pick up on any malicious intent that may have a detrimental impact on the markets. The RDS team play a key role in fulfilling this function. On a daily basis the RDS team load vast datasets of order entry and clearing data into datastores including Oracle & Hadoop and their processes run algorithms across those datasets to produce reports that help our internal investigations analysts to identify rule violations and market abuse. It's an exciting time for the team as they also look to the opportunities that are available in the Cloud to further strengthen performance and scalability of our solutions.
Although initially working in the Regulatory space, the engineering and execution team also develop a variety of trading and post-trade solutions, supporting our exchange and clearing business. Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism.
- Hands on technical lead, building consensus on detailed design and architecture plans for complex, large scale efforts.
- Mentoring and Management responsibilities within the team, including conducting 1:1s with members of the development team and measuring performance.
- Applies expert knowledge of Java language, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in independently designing and developing key services.
- Develop solutions for managing structured data such as Oracle, and unstructured data using tools such as Hadoop.
- Develop solutions for deployment in the Cloud.
- Leads code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects.
- Defines key metrics driving code optimization and re-factoring.
- Plays a lead role in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
- Plays a lead role in working with analysts to interpret high level requirements for complex, large scale initiatives and decomposing them into independent stories and sub-tasks for the team.
- Expected to develop network of relationships within the organization in order to achieve results and to effectively communicate vision and status both within/across teams as well as to management.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
- Experience in leading technical teams, and providing technical oversight and direction to projects, either as a development lead, architect or development manager.
- Strong knowledge and experience of SDLC methodologies; agile is a big advantage.
- Strong core Java development skills.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Patterns.
- Solid RDBMS skills, including knowledge of database objects including tables, procedures, views, indexes, triggers, synonyms etc. (Oracle preferred).
- Proficiency in SQL & PL/SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Experience with Hadoop or other big data processing technologies like Spark or Flink.
- Knowledge of Informatica or other ETL tools.
- Knowledge of Spring framework.
- Knowledge of AWS and IaaS.
- Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies , Cucumber, and automated acceptance criteria.
- Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.