Markets Business Controls & Supervision - Project Analyst (VP)
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19025466
In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong and consistent global control environment, the Markets and Securities Services business continues to enhance the Business Control and Supervision (BCS) function.
This role will report to the BCS Project Manager and will be managing some of the Front Office controls in the BCS function as well as supporting projects to build or enhance other front office controls. This will include development of strategic solutions to enhance and monitor controls and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with firm Policy and Standards (eg. legal entity authorisation, usage and trading book oversight controls) through the development/enhancement and implementation of efficient control and supervisory tools. A key focus of this role will be remediation of control weaknesses including self-identified, internal audit raised and regulatory matters, for example, the development and implementation of trade booking preventative controls.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded, seasoned professional with some understanding of front office controls and a keen interest to learn more and to make a difference and shape our Global Markets business for the future. The incumbent will need to work with the Business and various other groups including Technology, Market Risk and Finance. Key Responsibilities:
- Managing various Front Office controls in the BCS function including trading booking controls
- Supporting projects to build or enhance other front office controls and then managing those controls
- Collaborating with the business, finance and operations to investigate and resolve control issues. Resolution includes both short term and long term (eg. technology) remediation
- Maintenance and further enhancement of the controls and reporting
- Ongoing review and development of current processes to increase efficiency
- Assisting with audit inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with audit and other parties
- Providing support to stakeholders and control functions on an ad-hoc basis (e.g. the Business, inquiries)
- Ensuring that procedures, process notes and other documentation are up-to-date and applied to adequately
- Involvement in new system implementations and working with Technology on enhancements to existing system
- Engagement in additional workstreams as required
Qualifications Qualifications - Internal
- Gaining knowledge about Front Office processes and controls
- Developing technical skills through process improvement and automation
- Working with people from different functions, countries, and diverse backgrounds.
Qualifications and skills required or skills to be developed within the role:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Proven experience in delivering change-related projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent reviews
- Range of experience demonstrating flexibility in skillset and approach
- Demonstrated strong business maturity in past roles
- Global mindset, with regional/product understanding
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced Excel and database management skills
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.