Mgr Software Engineering
- Belfast, Irlande du Nord, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 16 janv. 19
Mgr Software Engineering
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast as a Manager of Software Engineering, initially leading the Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) Team. The Belfast team is a high performing group of individuals that deliver on a broad range of functions including systems/business analysis, software development and quality assurance services. The team is responsible from initial request review, impact assessment, and prioritisation through to solution implementation.
The EDH program is committed to building a next generation enterprise data lake in AWS to store data generated both in the exchange and from external sources. The initial efforts are around the ingest, processing, storage and delivery of external market data from multiple vendors. We take into consideration the 3 V's of big data; high Volumes at high Velocities and with a Variety of sources and data types. We are building out a cutting edge platform to take the big data needs of CME into the future and deliver value to our business and external customers with performance, scale, security and resilience built in from the start.
Although initially working in the EDH space, the engineering and execution team also develop a variety of trading and post-trade solutions, supporting our exchange and clearing business. Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their career goals.
- Manage the team to realise successful application and service delivery and support.
- Develop an ethos of DevSecOps and continual improvement in the team.
- Assess development gaps across the team. Build out personal development plans for individuals, and work with upper management and the Belfast Business Office to plan and prioritise training.
- Provide ongoing, continual feedback to team members.
Execution & Delivery:
- Drive successful delivery of both functional and non-functional requirements for systems in your portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Product Owners and Architects to plan, forecast, budget and execute projects.
- Ensure cutting edge processes and technological innovations in the applications and architectures.
- Work in an agile SDLC that allows for frequent development iterations and deployments.
- Maintain a forward looking plan for the systems in your portfolio, maintaining direction to achieve strategic goals.
- Evolve applications in your portfolio through continual innovation.
- Consider how new technologies, innovations or process improvements, and ensure your application and the service to customers remains bleeding edge.
- Consider how CME can improve revenue through exploration of new business directions.
- Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute
- Significant experience in leading technical teams, and providing technical oversight and direction to projects, either as a development lead, architect or development manager
- Strong knowledge and experience of SDLC methodologies; agile is a big advantage.
- Very strong core technical skills
- Experience in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
- Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.