Remediation Policy Framework Manager (12 months)
- Belfast, Irlande du Nord, Royaume-Uni Belfast Irlande du Nord GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 juin 18 2018-06-21
See job description for details
Join us as Remediation Policy Framework Manager in Belfast or Dublin
- You'll lead the formulation, development and delivery of remediation policy for remediation programmes, ensuring fair outcomes for customers and the bank are being delivered
- You'll work in a challenging but highly rewarding role as you engage with multiple stakeholders
- This role is offered on a 12 month basis
What you'll do
In this role, you'll lead the formulation, development and delivery of remediation policy for remediation programmes, ensuring fair outcomes for customers and the bank are being delivered.
- Own, manage and drive the delivery of projects within the Remediation portfolio to rigorous standards of Project Management disciplines, including risk and issue management and change control governance
- Oversee the implementation of the customer treatment strategies, by engaging proactively with Remediation Operations, to ensure those treatments are effectively and appropriately delivered to customers, within the agreed parameters of time, cost and quality
- Lead, direct and manage a team of delivery managers, responsible for coaching and contributing to performance management and develop a team of policy managers and business analysts
- Quantify, qualify and appropriately escalate issues arising from Remediation Operations that endanger agreed quality and timelines
The skills you'll need
You'll need experience of regulated retail financial services sector products and processes and related regulatory requirements, as well as experience of writing policy and guidance within a retail advice environment.
We're also looking for:
- Significant experience of remediation projects, principles and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge and experience of project or programme management
- An ability to analyse and interpret data and transfer this into practical and effective policy requirements and plans
- Strategic thinking and the ability to simplify complex and conflicting tasks and positions
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence to senior management level
- Strong planning and organisational skills to work with conflicting priorities
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a 30% individually tailorable cash and benefit funding programme in Northern Ireland and 31% in the republic of Ireland. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These may include a full credit check, a criminal record check (if based in the UK), residency and right to work checks.