Senior Cyber Defense Analyst
- Belfast, Irlande du Nord, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 20 nov. 18
Senior Cyber Defense Analyst
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Cyber Defense Incident Responder position will be responsible for incident response operations of CME Group, supporting global incident response activities. The candidate needs a firm understanding of all aspects of IT Security including current threats and vulnerabilities in the industry in order to effectively identify, contain and remediate incidents facing CME Group.
- Respond to cyber security incidents by collecting, analyzing and preserving digital evidence
- Participate and assist in responding to global security incidents
- Provide a point of escalation for incidents within various business units.
- Ability to manage multiple incidents at a single time.
- This position will monitor incidents submitted and establishing correlation to broader threats when they may exist.
- Analyze and respond to unauthorized activity within the global computing environment while managing the identification, containment, eradication, recovery and lessons learned / root cause analysis documentation.
- Contribute to Incident Response process definition and the development and maintenance of documented procedures and techniques, including process integration with any 3rd party vendors, internal IT organizations, etc.
- Participates in efforts to drive Incident Response application updates necessary to collect various key metrics for reporting to senior management.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations ultimately remediating risks
- Communicate effectively with representatives of the business, technology specialists, and vendors
- Gather forensic evidence for analysis, investigation, disciplinary action or criminal investigation.
- Conduct advanced computer and network forensic investigation functions.
- Provide training and expertise to junior Incident Responders
- Participate in leadership groups throughout the company to plan and test incident response capabilities
- Performs other duties as requested
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Substantial experience in an Incident Response role within a Global Cyber Defence Center / Security Operations Center
- Strong investigation and analytical skills
- Experience in process documentation creation (i.e. Run Books, SOP's, Post Incident Reports.)
- Substantial experience in all some (not all) of the following;
- Windows or Unix/Linux operating systems
- Security administration
- Network security including TCP/IP networking and firewall concepts
- Vulnerabilities and remediation
- Thorough knowledge of information security components, principles, practices, and procedures
- Experience in security tools (scanners, Intrusion Detection Systems, and security analysis tools both on the network and on host based systems).
- Expert knowledge of information security issues, trends and leading practices.
- A holistic understanding of attack vectors, current threats, and remediation strategies is essential for this role.
- Experience in Digital Forensic Analysis tools, forensics concepts and procedures
- Have a firm understanding of outside security threats and risks to an information technology infrastructure and use those skills to develop custom incident response protocols as deemed necessary.
Open Date - 1st November 2018
Closing Date - 29th November 2018
Location - Belfast
Salary - Competitive