Senior Java Software Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . Description
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast as a Senior Software Engineer, initially supporting the Post Trade team. The Belfast team is a high performing group responsible CME's Post Trade Solutions.
The team is responsible for the delivery of innovative, efficient, scalable, customer-centric software engineering solutions that expand the access to CME Group. The candidate will have opportunities to contribute in a wide range of technologies, in a supportive and learning environment. Helping shape and form strateg ies to accelerate post trade time to market delivery through application re-architecture, improved quality processes and continuous delivery automation.
Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism. Principal Accountabilities
Essential Criteri a
- Applies strong knowledge of Java language, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in designing and developing key services.
- Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects.
- Participates in preliminary story review, providing feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
- Collaborates with Team Lead and Analysts to decompose high-level requirements into independent stories and sub-tasks.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute
- Significant experience, with track record of making significant contribution to both technical approach & deliveries
- Strong knowledge of core Java skills
- Ability to write clean, bug-free code that is easy to understand, and easily maintainable
- Ability to write code which is able to satisfy low-latency & high-throughput requirements
- Knowledge in Spring Frameworks, Spring Boot
- Knowledge of financial messaging protocols, and in particular FIX.
- Experience of Kafka, Redis, Apache Camel, and other modern enterprise software solutions
- Experience in developing and automating solutions directly related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery and infrastructure automation
- Experience of low-latency Java programming and fault tolerant distributed architectures Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools