Software Engineer in Test Internship 2022 - 2023
CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, seeks internship-level Infrastructure and Operations candidates to help build and maintain applications supporting our global electronic trading marketplace. This is rotational internship which will allow exposure to several different development teams within Technology. Principal Accountabilities
As a Software Engineer in Test, you have the opportunity to play a key role in accelerating the delivery and enhancing the quality of CME products. Your focus is engineering robust automated testing frameworks and your job is to accelerate product development by helping application teams establish a "test engineering" mindset.
The SET roles require a highly technical proficiency and use the same skills and disciplines that software developers use to build enterprise software. What sets a SET apart from traditional software development is the wide breadth and range of programming languages and technologies you are encouraged to work with and learn about, in every part of the application stack (front end, back end & platform).
CME is placing increasing focus on the importance of such test engineering capabilities. You shall expect to work in highly performing agile teams, alongside application developers & testers, delivering innovative and creative testing solutions through applying many of the rapidly evolving software test tools and methodologies.
For someone who wants to learn and grow key skills as a well-rounded engineer, this is a great opportunity to become familiar with CME's products and platforms, along with an opportunity to play an active role in a very diverse and rapidly expanding technology base, and make an impact on application teams delivering key features to our customers.
- Contribute to and build automated test frameworks for application teams to use in testing our market leading applications, using object-oriented programming and scripting skills.
- Work closely with the application teams to identify opportunities to provide innovative testing solutions, which enable teams to achieve goals of continuous delivery.
- Conduct research on diverse emerging technologies that assist teams with automation testing, primarily (but not limited to) with micro-service architectures.
While this role doesn't initially require any deep knowledge of software testing, any person in this role would be expected to spend some time learning foundational skills for software testing in order to make a better engineer. Training and direction will be provided for this. Competencies
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Happy to take personal responsibility and be accountable for outcomes
- Proven communication, analysis and problem solving skills
- Customer focused with a talent for building excellent working relationships with business and technical stakeholders
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and effective prioritization of workload
- 2 Years University in Computer Science or equivalent
- Coding experience with Java or other comparable object-oriented language
- Experience in working with quality test tools and automation eg Selenium, Postman (Desirable)
- SQL (Desirable)
Please note, Interviews will take place November / December
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.