Assistant Manager I, Restructuring
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Our Restructuring professionals serve as a financial advisor to companies, financial sponsors, lenders, creditors and other interested parties in distressed situations across virtually every industry and every situation.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career
This is an exciting opportunity to join the new Progression Team based in our Birmingham office. The Team is primarily responsible for the progression of all case types, working closely with the firms' Delivery Team to ensure that all statutory matters are dealt with in a timely manner and the case is progressed to closure.
In addition, the Progression Team will also be responsible for continuous improvement to the Firms' templates and proformas, systems and processes and internal training.
Due to the technical nature of this team, professional training opportunities will be available to successful candidates to maintain the high technical standards. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Updating the Technical Team planner and report on workstreams to Team Leader;
- Participate in weekly team calls reviewing ongoing objectives and the previous weeks' work;
- Ability to plan and manage a case from outset to closure and proactively ensure progression of all cases in a timely manner;
- Be able to work on several different assignments efficiently at one time;
- Prepare suitable strategies for effective case progression from claims agreement, distributions to creditors and closure;
- Prepare initial and ongoing progress reports for creditors, investigation reports and submissions via DCRS and use appropriate standard documents and forms;
- Ensure adherence to all compliance matters and comply with standard statutory procedures on all cases;
- Review and oversee case team members' work, delegate effectively and take control of tasks when required;
- Identify and discuss issues and obstacles with Senior Management as they arise, suggesting solutions to overcome and progress matters;
- Provide regular updates to the Delivery Team and Officeholders on own cases as appropriate and maintain good working relationships to ensure collaborative working;
- Use IPS case management system for all cases, proactively addressing upcoming diary events as appropriate;
- Responsibility for ongoing improvements to statutory documents, reports and Insolvency templates and proformas;
- Assist in the creation and delivery of guidance and training to Restructuring staff on key topics as necessary;
- Assist Delivery team with technical queries on cases as they arise;
- Provide guidance, motivation, mentoring and assistance to junior members of the team, assisting them with their training and progression in Duff & Phelps and undertake appraisals and other actions as required;
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of both Duff & Phelps' assignments and your own duties;
- Adhere to Duff & Phelps's systems, policy requirements and relevant Health & Safety policy.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Engaging personality;
- Ability to work well under pressure, deal with ambiguity and manage conflict/ challenging situations;
- Strong team player with ability to manage team members on specific case tasks to meet deadlines;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- Excellent knowledge of IPS for diary, record book entries and maintenance of clear and up to date receipts and payments;
- Experience of all Insolvency case types, especially Administrations and Liquidations;
- A minimum of 5 years' insolvency experience;
- Commensurate knowledge of Insolvency Act and Rules relating to the above procedures;
- Strong academic track record;
- CPI Qualified.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via https://careers.duffandphelps.jobs/
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.