Centre of Excellence - Data Science Manager
Job description About us
We work with clients to deliver data-driven insights. We combine unrivalled external and internal data sets to solve problems for clients across sectors such as retail, consumer goods, financial services and transport, and for a wide range of business areas (including marketing, operations and compliance). Our CoE is a growing team of data scientists focusing on solving business issues, and are equipped with data science techniques, consulting skills and business acumen.
We are seeking experienced Managers with strong advanced analytics experience to lead the delivery of projects through our Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning Centre of Excellence (CoE). This person will
- Interpret the client's needs in collaboration with national PwC business units.
- Design advanced analytics approaches and solutions.
- Lead the technical delivery of projects and take responsibility for the design of the solution.
- Manage members of the project team within the CoE to deliver the work.
- Be responsible for the preparation of findings to report to the client.
- Act as a conduit between the business unit and the CoE for the advanced analytics projects.
- Develop sales and presentation material aligned to the CoE service catalogue to support the national data and analytics teams
- Support business units in showcasing material and presenting project deliverables to clients
- Proven industry experience in providing advanced analytics in an industry or consulting setting.
- Record of professional achievements to include managing teams of data scientists and analysts in project work.
- Proven record of delivering insights that have business impact, e.g. to reduce costs, drive revenue, detect risk or improve customers outcomes
- Strategic and analytical skills; able to define and perform each element of an advanced analytics project to meet the client's needs.
- Deep technical expertise in data science and machine learning.
- Experience leading others to build their technical skills and skills as a consultant.
- Fluency with SQL, plus Python (preferred) or R in a data science context.
- Experience with analytics on cloud platforms desired including big data analytics and data pipelines.
- Academic background in a relevant quantitative field preferred, e.g. statistics, engineering, computer science.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity