Corporate Tax - Manager - Flexible working hours
Job Description Summary:
A manager must present solutions to increasingly complex technical issues, demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge in own service area to develop solutions to complex technical issues and manage a team in demanding assignments on a day to day basis. Job Description: Corporate Tax Manager - Birmingham
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
UK domestic and international corporate tax has changed rapidly over the past few years. Our team are here to help businesses of every size grow in this complex tax environment. Our specialists work in supporting small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates on a wide range of tax issues. Our work embraces everything from negotiating with tax authorities to providing advice tailored to our client's unique circumstances. Main responsibilities Operations and results
Who we're looking for:
- You'll be responsible for a number of client relationships, supporting them on a variety of compliance and advisory matters. You will be their principle point of contact, working closely with them to understand business developments, ensuring they are up to date with their compliance obligations and legislative changes, helping them assess the impact for them and keeping abreast of opportunities
- Responsible for negotiating fees and the timely billing of fees for work completed on your client portfolio
- Reviewing tax returns and computations and ensuring the efficient and risk managed delivery of corporation tax compliance services
- Provisioning of tax disclosures and/or tax audit of disclosures liaising closely with the audit team
- Responsible for the delivery of the corporation tax content of projects and managing input from other tax colleagues (typically Transfer Pricing, VAT and employment taxes), assessing that input and ensuring inter dependencies across taxes are considered. This will often involve international tax content and require regular working with our extensive network of international member firms
- Manage the delivery of tax due diligence assignments, supporting our lead advisory team on transactions both buy and sell side.
- Responsible for complying with all internal risk management procedures
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
- You'll write high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax partner/director
- Lead, manage, motivate and coach other members of the team, working with a great team of like-minded colleagues all focussed on supporting each other to perform at their best.
- You'll be professionally qualified, Preferably CTA
- Technically strong, with experience of advising clients on complex tax-related issues
- Proven track record of leading engagements and an awareness of how to open up new business opportunities
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership and coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the department.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.