Credit Stress Testing Manager
- Birmingham, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Birmingham Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 août 18 2018-08-16
See job description for details
Join us in Birmingham or London as a Credit Stress Testing Manager
- This is a technically focused role in an area which is rapidly increasing in importance as a tool for risk management and commercial decision making
- Joining our Stress Testing & Risk Capital team, you'll have the opportunity to build our capability from the ground up
- You'll work on credit risk stress testing projections, giving you a chance to gain exposure to the bank's strategy
- This role offers fantastic career prospects and opportunities to enhance your technical skills
What you'll do
Your role will have several components, offering technical and intellectual challenge and giving you a voice in an area of the bank which is shaping strategic thinking and conversation.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Using SAS to deliver stress testing projections by implementing scenarios and methodologies
- Contributing to the definition of the methodologies used for loan impairment charges and risk-weighted asset projections
- Preparing dedicated analysis and reports for both internal and external audiences
- Making sure that stress testing meets regulatory requirements
The skills you'll need
We'll look for you to have relevant work experience in a major bank, rating agency or consultancy firm focusing on one of two areas: either loan impairment charges and risk-weighted asset stress testing projections, or portfolio credit risk modelling or the estimation of risk parameters, including PD, EAD and LGD.
Technical skills are the key to success in this role. You'll ideally have:
- A solid academic background in a quantitative, technical or economic field, preferably with a PhD or other postgraduate qualifications
- Good knowledge of the retail or wholesale credit business and products
- Strong programming skills including SAS, SQL and VBA or other languages such as C++, plus familiarity with numerical analysis
- An understanding of relevant capital requirements regulation (Basel II/III) and impairment assessment approaches (IAS39/IFRS9)
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- An organised approach with the ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to intellectually challenge data using a good understanding of how the bank operates, and to be challenged in return
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.