Project Manager, Transfer Pricing, Tax, Flexible on Location
Deloitte's transfer pricing practice delivers multi-jurisdictional global projects for large multinational businesses, across a wide range of industries.
These projects require input from professionals across the globe, and help multinational to meet their tax and transfer pricing objectives and obligations. We already work with many of the world's leading business - from the largest global brands to the most ambitious privately owned companies. As part of our UK transfer pricing team, you would have the opportunity to play a key role in the successful delivery of these business critical projects with an exciting client portfolio.
In this role you will sit within client facing project teams, with links into our global transfer pricing Centres of Excellence. You will need to be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and be able to work to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment. With excellent initiative and a solutions-oriented approach, you'll quickly become a member of our ambitious team. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
As a key member of our client teams, your role on a day-to-day basis is to project manage transfer documentation projects and help us deliver outstanding client service.
You will be working alongside internal client facing subject matter experts, providing you with the opportunity to further enhance your existing project management skills in the inclusive, challenging and rewarding environment that Deloitte provides. Specific responsibilities
Your work, your choice
- Driving project delivery by allocating tasks to internal teams and monitoring progress to ensure key project milestones are met within pre-agreed deadlines.
- Drafting and managing detailed action plans to achieve the desired project outcomes to set deadlines.
- Management of project budgets and milestones to ensure the profitable and efficient delivery of projects.
- Management of multi-jurisdictional diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role can largely be performed remotely / from a Deloitte office of your choice. Occasional travel to spend time with relevant client teams, or the client, may be required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time / term-time basis. Your professional experience
Our team members come from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are keen to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent project management, time management and organisation skills.
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills. The delivery of these projects depend highly on your ability to work with the internal client service teams across a varying level of grades as well as Deloitte Global Transfer Pricing Centre based in Bangalore, India.
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise effectively to manage own workload independently and effectively.
- High levels of motivation and sense of personal responsibility, with a positive can-do attitude.
In addition to the above, we are ideally looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience delivering projects to multiple external/internal clients at once in a fast-paced professional organization, or able to demonstrate a similar skill set. This is a dynamic role and you'll be working on multiple, often complex, actions at the same time.
- Has the ability to work towards challenging/demanding client deadlines and has the commitment and flexibility to meet these requirements.
- Has strong people skills with the ability to engage and communicate confidently with diverse internal client service teams.
Join us and you will be joining a growing team of proud, highly motivated people who are successfully helping to deliver the outstanding level of service our clients expect. Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience. A bout Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last three years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLTAXC BABUTX
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173685