CIB-Operational Risk Management-Associate
CIB Operational Risk Management - Wholesale Payments - Associate Overview
The Corporate & Investment Bank ("CIB") Operational Risk Management ("ORM") team is responsible for independently, holistically, and proactively identifying, assessing and managing operational risks across WP.
The successful candidate will join a team of risk professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience who collectively ensure the Firm's Operational Risk Management Framework ("ORMF") is implemented and functions effectively within Wholesale Payments.
Candidate will primarily cover Wholesale Payments (WP) areas, liaising directly with Business, Functional, and Control Leads while becoming familiar with the firm's ORMF and internal control processes. Candidate will participate regularly in Control Governance and critical Risk initiatives to provide credible challenge, and support the execution of projects and reviews. The role will work closely with other Risk Management Groups and key control functions including Compliance, Audit, Legal and Controls Management. CIB ORM team mandate:
The Operational Risk Manager in this position will be based in Bournemouth and will have the following responsibilities supporting the ORM team and overseeing operational risks across a range of Wholesale Payments products as well as the Corporate Service Centers supporting WP:
Primary responsibilities for the role:
- Independently assess and challenge implementation of the firm's Operational Risk Management Framework
- Promote cross-LOB/Function consistency and adoption of best practices
- Instill culture of Operational Risk management, maintaining close interaction with the business to continually improve processes and operating models supporting business growth and risk-based decision making
- Ensure Operational Risk standards are applied, reviewing adherence to firm's ORMF, governance, standards, policies across LOBs, functions, legal entities, and the Corporate Service Centers
- Stay abreast of industry news and regulatory developments to facilitate proactive risk identification and mitigation.
- Review root cause analysis on internal operational risk events and maintain vigilance on external operational / market events
- Provide end-to-end second line of defence coverage for select areas within Wholesale Payments as well as the Corporate Service Centers supporting WP
- Perform oversight of operational risks through participation in Control Committees, change-management programs, issue escalation, regulatory engagement, and review of internal operational risk events (e.g. root cause analysis, challenge of remediation approach, etc.)
- Support the execution of targeted risk assessments to provide an independent view of operational risks and influence prioritization of risk mitigation activities
- Review and challenge business outputs of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process
- Participate in the assessment of emerging risks, including strategic business risk reviews, analysis of regulatory and market developments, New Business Initiatives, and review of external operational risk events
- Perform ongoing monitoring and challenge of Key Risk Indicators ("KRIs") and Key Performance Indicators ("KPI") results and breaches of thresholds and targets
- Evaluate effectiveness of controls used to mitigate operational risk in processes that support business and operational activities in Wholesale Payments
- Communicate ORM observations and recommendations (both verbally and in writing), at multiple levels throughout the firm
- Engage with Business and Operations stakeholders to influence improvements to risk management practices
- Assist with the compilation of responses to regulators with respect to Operational Risk matters
Skills & Qualifications:
- Wholesale Payments business and support functions
- ORM colleagues globally
- Business and Operations Control Managers
- Compliance Advisor y
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
- Experience working with Wholesale Payments (e.g. Client Service, Product Management, Operations, etc.)
- Experience in other Risk stripes or control functions such as Compliance, Audit, Controls Management (BCM, OCM) would be a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to prioritize and deal with multiple tasks in a fast paced and evolving environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong risk and control mind-set, inquisitive, with attention to detail and disciplined record trails
- Strong project management and analytical skills, including proficient use of Excel tools
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills, required to provide status to key audience in a concise, informative and timely manner. Ability to understand risks and their drivers and to form, articulate and explain views.
- Proficient use of PowerPoint / PitchPro
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to act independently
- Ability to understand when to escalate with understanding of materiality
- Experience in interacting with global partners and senior management across businesses and geographies.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.