A critical role in our modernisation journey, the Global Portfolio Execution Lead will help shape the direction of J.P. Morgan strategy. You will lead global project execution teams managing the end to end delivery of infrastructure projects for Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) technology. In addition,
J P Morgan Global Technology are in the process of executing a multiyear transformation program that will deliver client and stakeholder value through innovation, standardization and optimization of technology. In support of the program the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Technology Group have established a dedicated Infrastructure Services team to focus on standardizing and optimizing infrastructure across CIB and to ensure that new technologies are adopted in support of application strategies.
As Global Portfolio Execution Lead (Governance, Controls & Standards), you will join the team that is responsible for managing the delivery and execution of all CIB infrastructure projects including executing one of the largest global datacentre migration programmes within the financial services industry.
Lead global project execution teams managing the end to end delivery of infrastructure projects for CIB technology. In addition, you will also provide local site leadership of the wider CIB Infrastructure Services team based in Bournemouth, representing the group within the local senior management network.
You will be responsible for project execution delivery and throughput against strategic Global Technology targets. You will manage resolution, including requesting the necessary support and escalation to minimise deviation from objectives and/or plan
Manage RAID, effective escalation management, cross function/team partnering, anticipate blockers against delivery targets, owning all aspect of the RAID necessary for delivery whilst maintaining the appropriate governance, risk and controls needed to ensure greater standardisation and transparency across whole of Global Technology.
With this in mind, you will review and adjust your operational structure as necessary to deliver against your objectives.
- Develop effective communication and teamwork across team members ensuring a culture of continuous improvement is maintained.
- Provide project management expertise and discipline and liaise with other cross-functional project owners to review risks and escalate issues impacting execution.
- Engage with internal customers to plan requirements, manage cross-functional programs, and communicate information to project stakeholders.
- Streamline project management and execution processes working closely with CIB application developers and Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) partners to identify and implement process improvements including workflow, inventory, and provisioning systems.
- Lead and collaborate on cross-functional datacentre infrastructure and supply chain expansion, efficiency and strategy programs.
- Proven Portfolio/Project/Programme management, driving and motivating geographically dispersed delivery teams to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Extensive background in Governance, Risk and Controls.
- Ensuring delivery expectations are clearly defined, understood and delivered
- Extensive experience managing teams, in a direct and matrix capacity. Proven ability to develop, coach and drive high performing teams
- Proven experience with the management of decision processes at large organisations, with ability to communicate technical information and ideas at all levels. Must be comfortable communicating clearly and concisely with senior (C Level) stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills, with experience of managing third party resources or delivery partners with an ability to facilitate and motivate cross-functional teams
- Very strong planning and organisational skills with proven experience of recommending implementation strategies to ensure successful delivery of programmes and projects
- Adaptability and ability to focus and prioritise in a rapidly changing environment
- Ideally you will also have experience of virtualisation technologies (VMware, Containers, Public Cloud) and platform-based services (Paas, Iaas, etc)
- Also, it would great if you have a robust understanding of infrastructure lifecycle and delivery frameworks that enable adoption and integration of new technology solutions into complex business infrastructure environments, but this is not essential.