Data Strategy & Change Manager
Wednesday 18 September 2019 Salary Range
£49,608 - £55,120
\n We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
We're looking for a Data Strategy & Change Manager. You'll be part of a small team dedicated to supporting the Divisional Data Office (DDO) Head of Function, with accountabilities for Data Strategy and Change across Group Transformation and you'll ensure effective rules and controls are in place around our data to protect customers, colleagues and shareholders.
Helping Britain Prosper is at the heart of our strategic vision, making now an exciting time to join Lloyds Banking Group. Having received significant investment, the Group Transformation division is embarking on ambitious plans to deliver strategic change.
The Data team within Group Transformation is critical to the success of this by keeping data at the centre of the solutions we deliver.
Are you an ambitious individual who enjoys working on overall strategy as well as detailed data solutions, if so this could be the right role for you? If you have the right attitude and experience, we're looking for a Data Strategy & Change Manager.
You'll be part of a small team dedicated to supporting the Divisional Data Office (DDO) Head of Function, with accountabilities for Data Strategy and Change across Group Transformation and you'll ensure effective rules and controls are in place around our data to protect customers, colleagues and shareholders. What will you be accountable for?
What are we looking for?
- Supporting the interlock with specific value streams within the Group Transformation division, to embed the Enterprise Data Strategy
- Providing support to data change related activities, aligning Divisional activities to the strategy and embedding innovative uses of data and technology
- Manage embedding of the Group's Data Management strategy, standards, operating model and framework within the division
- Assist with the setting targets for data management outcomes and ensure that the right activity is underway
- Support governance and communications agenda to ensure effective delivery of data strategies and DDO initiatives
- Manage measurement and tracking of progress and carrying out of performance reporting in line with Group strategy to uplift data capability, feeding into data forums
How will we reward you?
- You'll have experience of data management at both a practical and policy level
- Someone with a deep understanding of how data is used in the business and what are the most critical types of data
- The ability to manage the development of key strategic initiatives
- Proven experience of supporting the execution of strategic information and data management programmes
- Experience of data-centric change programmes whilst embedding central standards and approaches
- A track record that you can build and maintain a cross functional internal network to optimise business results
- Evidence that you have great communication and stakeholder management skills
- Someone who can build a strong performing team who adopt and excel using agile delivery methodology. This will be done by role modelling behaviours whilst demonstrating and embedding our Group Values
In addition to the salary range quoted our comprehensive total reward package includes a performance-related bonus, private medical care, a car/allowance for managers and senior managers, share schemes and generous contributory pension as well as flex cash pot from which to choose from a wide range of benefits.
The culture in Lloyds brings together talented people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative environment that supports flexible and agile working. With a host of onward career options and the possibility of finding a working pattern and structure to suit your lifestyle we're confident you'll enjoy the move to us.
If this role is for you then we would welcome your application. Location
: Bristol Harbourside At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.