Quality Assurance Engineer
End Date Salary Range
£60,825 - £81,100 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Metadata Senior Manager who will be responsible for delivery management across one or more squads within the Data Management Services Lab. The Metadata Senior Manager will be responsible for ensuring alignment with the Data Strategy working closely with the Chief Data Office as well as representatives of Divisional Data Officers. In particular, the Metadata Manager will be responsible for running the product life cycle for one or more data management products that support data quality capabilities.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others). About the role:
Within Group Transformation, a Data Management Services Lab has been created to manage the planning and delivery of data management capabilities to the organisation. In this respect, the Data Management Services Lab is responsible for all aspects of the data product lifecycle including requirements gathering, product scoping and feasibility, roadmap and delivery management, as well as championing effective Data Management. What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Metadata Senior Manager mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Key accountabilities and capabilities of this role include
- You'll have experience in Data Management disciplines
- Have an ability to work with a wide range of colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- You'll have evidence delivery of Data Management solutions alongside your experience of analysing data and drawing conclusions
- You'll demonstrate mentoring skills and guidance to build and lead a strong performing team who embrace and excel using agile delivery methodology.
- Gaining a deep understanding of use cases and user experience, identifying gaps and generating innovative solutions that expedite delivery of metadata strategy and/or accelerate business benefit
- Contributing to data management business architecture to ensure co-ordinated demand management, requirements gathering and business case derivation across the various business initiatives
- Creating consensus for the product vision both internally across partner community.
- Translating data management strategy into product vision and roadmap as well as resolving product specifications and helping lead product backlog
- Proposing and seeking governance approval for prioritising delivery based on business and customer impact
- Working closely with other Data Management Product Managers on reciprocal initiatives.
- Working closely with the Portfolio Management Office to ensure that roadmaps, backlogs and status is accurately reported, dependencies are led and risks mitigated
- Working closely with Engineering teams to lead delivery and ensure quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Acting as a product champion to build awareness and understanding as well as visiting partners to solicit feedback on data management products and capabilities
- Ensuring the delivery of new data management capabilities is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the product roadmap and programme governance arrangements
- Experience of working with Data Management technology solutions would be desirable skill for this position.
- Personal qualities Lloyds Banking Group looks for include excellent verbal and written communication skills and resilience while keeping the customer at the center of everything you do.
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity. You'll also receive a package that includes
Sound like you? Apply today; we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus circa 20 % of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday