Service Design Lead, Manager, Bristol
Do you want to be part of something new, a start-up within a large firm? Are you passionate about delivering high quality experiences and challenging assumptions to get to the right end result?
Here at Deloitte Digital, we are building a new hub in the South West market that will bring strategy, design and build capabilities together to rapidly deliver and launch high quality, game changing products, services and platforms. We are a hub built on diversity and collaboration, and are committed to building a team of passionate people who are driven by delivering great work, supporting one another and having fun along the way! As part of this new hub, we are now hiring a Strategy and Design team as part of our Creative Engineering function, and are looking for multiple roles to build this team. Your opportunity
We are in the future business. Focused on delivering the positive impact of digital technology to our client's businesses. Our journey is one of business, technology and creativity that enables us to imagine, deliver and run the future. We're looking for a Service Design Manager with 6+ years of design experience to join our vibrant, diverse and growing team in our South-West hub in Bristol.
The opportunity at hand is an exciting one. In this role, you will be taking a user centric approach to delivering innovative and inspiring client outcomes across a wide variety of design projects. You'll work closely with our clients, a varied group of complex organisations responding to complicated challenges, to understand their business goals and help them imagine, deliver and run the future.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization. Your role
Service designers at Deloitte Digital are strategic thinkers with a keen appreciation for the power of human centred design. We play a critical role in reshaping our client's businesses, by critically investigating all aspects of a challenge, reimagining the user experience for multiple user groups, and developing blueprints that articulate how these experiences will be delivered and fulfilled by the entire organisation - people, process and technology.
As a Service Design Manager, you will be responsible for leading engagements, where we are focused on defining the holistic service experience and working out how to bring each individual element of an organisation together in order to make it real. This will involve balancing the potentially competing demands of user experience and operational efficiency; strategic vision and commercial reality. During both design and delivery, you will typically lead teams combined of specialists from the other crafts within our design practice - Research, UX Design, Visual Design and Front-end Development. As well as leading your own projects, you will play a key role coordinating activity across a larger transformation project to deliver an integrated, coherent end-to-end service - so that we can execute on the vision, and realise the potential.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
Your work, your choice
- Applying a research-based, design-led approach to scoping and solving complex challenges
- Leading the creation of client-ready presentations and proposals to secure new work
- Scoping and planning service design projects
- Leading and overseeing service design projects, including:
- Qualitative and quantitative user research
- Gathering and analysing relevant operational data
- Developing personas, journey maps and service blueprints
- Running codesign sessions with users to develop solution
- Creating prototypes to test service concepts for a variety of digital and non-digital touchpoints
- Testing service concepts and gathering feedback
- Defining a Service Vision
- Thinking strategically, to assess how service concepts meet strategic / commercial / policy goals, and fit within relevant constraints
- Leading and overseeing all client engagement with representatives of multiple disciplines (business / IT), including planning and running workshops
- Communicating project updates and presenting service design outputs to senior stakeholders
- Owning client relationships, and managing senior stakeholders
- Reviewing and critiquing others' design work, providing effective feedback
- Mentoring / developing other designers, to grow the capabilities of the team
- Embedding accessibility and ethical factors throughout research and design
- Leading the application of agile methodologies to deliver end-to-end service transformation
- Championing design-led service transformation, and the design process as a whole
- Actively building professional relationships with colleagues and clients to increase your network and broaden your knowledge base within design
- Demonstrating thought leadership in your field and industry, by identifying market trends and developing a sophisticated, well-informed perspective
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, with both formal and informal arrangements, because we know that this allows the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
You'll be based in our brand new studio in Bull Wharf, Bristol - but most project roles will require you to spend time on site with our clients. You should be prepared for fairly regular domestic travel and, depending on circumstance, occasional travel within Europe.
This is a permanent, full-time role. If you are interested in this permanent role but would like to discuss a degree of flexibility in hours or location, please do let us know when you apply. Your professional experience
Your service line: Consulting
- At least six years' service design experience, with experience of leading / delivering projects with a team of designers
- Experience applying a range of design skillsets (research, ideation, prototyping) to develop an end-to-end service and experience
- The ability to understand and articulate how an end-to-end user experience is supported and enabled by people, process, and technology
- An openness to constantly evolve ways of working to consistently raise the bar of approach and output
- A passion for learning about the world, human behaviour, and the motivations that lie beneath the surface
- The practised ability to tie observations from research to recommendations and actions
- Comfort with ambiguity and experimentation
- The ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work
- Compelling written and spoken communication, with the ability to effectively engage senior client stakeholders
- Strong planning, project management, organisation and documentation skills
- An interest in multiple design disciplines and approaches, and the ability to quickly dive into a new domain or process
- A collaborative nature, drawing motivation from effective teamwork
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171640