Software Engineer (TM1/Hyperion)
- Bristol, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 janv. 19
Software Engineer (TM1/Hyperion)
10 February 2019
£40,869 - £45,410
Job Description Summary
You might not know that Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) is the UK's leading digital bank and its biggest mobile bank - with over 13 million active online customers.
And with over 30m customers we're looking to harness the data we hold to ensure we become the best Bank for customers through our products and services.
We're now embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future.
Could you have a key role to play in it?
Here's where you'll make a difference:
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams
Understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
▪ Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
▪ Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Community.
▪ Understand and ensure industry best practices are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
▪ Develop own technical domain knowledge and take responsibility for own development journey and those of more junior Engineers.
▪ Typically operates in more complex environments.
▪ Experienced using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
▪ Very comfortable teaching others about engineering best practice and being seen as a role model.
▪ Has a high level of technical maturity and is on the forefront of emerging technology and how it can benefit Lloyds Banking Group
We are currently seeking a talented Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (Hyperion), IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics Software Engineer within Lloyds Banking Group (LBG). This key role is pivotal in supporting Bank wide strategy (particularly in Agile Lab Working) and demands strong and collaborative management to ensure the required practices, policies, strategy, tools, coding standards and quality controls are in place.
In this role, you will ensure that software is built and configured in a way that is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Engineering community, working alongside the business owners in Group and Divisional Finance and Finance Business Services (FBS) teams. Taking, implementing and developing best practise from your own experience and from the wider Bank industry will be actively encouraged.
Technology stack: Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (Essbase, Essbase Studio, SmartView, Foundation Services - Shared Services, APS, Calc Manager etc), Oracle Weblogic, MS SQL, IBM Cognos TM1/ IBM Planning Analytics, IBM Cognos BI/Cognos Analytics, IBM WebSphere, Windows DOS and Linux Shell/Bash, GIT, Jenkins, Urban Code.
- Assist in the design and build of complex scalable technology solutions in Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (Hyperion) and IBM Cognos TM1/IBM Planning Analytics using best in class libraries and design principles
- Assist in the design, estimation, planning and implementation of customer user stories requiring IT development
- Assist in the design and build of EPM (Hyperion) and TM1 solution frameworks following best practices
- Understanding of application (EPM (Hyperion) and TM1/Planning Analytics) installation and configuration on Windows/Linux server infrastructure and awareness o f Containerisation
- You will be expected to own and drive ongoing delivery improvement plans
- Make positive change and embrace DevOps initiatives to deliver outcomes to our customers faster.
- Build effective relationships with our stakeholders, customers and delivery partners to improve the overall service provided while managing delivery objectives ensuring the end products meet our customer needs.
- Mentor and grow our more junior colleagues creating opportunities for their learning and growth combined with honest feedback.
Candidates will have experience in Modelling, Reporting and Control applications , ideally with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (Hyperion) and IBM Cognos TM1/Planning some experience with installations and infrastructure requirements and with PL/SQL, Windows DOS and Linux Shell/Bash as supporting skills. Other skills...
- Procedural / Product / Knowledge of Finance applications is advantageous
- Product and general technical leadership and direction for junior staff and Partners
- Knowledge of agile development practices and DevOps principles
- Understanding and application of SDLC and Change, Problem, Incident and Service Introduction processes
- Experience with build processes and release automation through DevOps tooling e.g. Jenkins, GIT, Urban Code
- Awareness of Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes) deployments
- Self Work/Organisation
- Analytical Skills
- Communication skills
So what can we offer you in return? A package that includes:
- Performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- A flexible benefit cash pot to craft around your lifestyle
- Share schemes including free shares
- Discounted products and discounted high street shopping
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time is of interest then we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.