Trading Application Support Engineer – Quantitative Hedge Fund
- Substantial earning potential - Package north of £70k available!
- Bristol, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- O'Connell Resourcing
- 14 févr. 19
A leading quantitative Hedge Fund is looking to add an Application Support professional to their trade execution team. This hugely successful systematic trading business wants to hire someone with both solid technical and problem solving skills, who can assist in the resolution of algorithmic trading systems related issues. The likely talent pool could include those working within similar roles across financial services firms or perhaps those working in application support roles across the betting industry.
The hire has come about due to the team growing and the company wishing to find outstanding technical minded individuals who can contribute to their unique offering. There are a broad range of technologies and systems in use, and the candidate will be working with very smart and personable individuals. There is substantial earning potential in this role.
Outline of position:
As a member of the application support team you will be:
- Providing dedicated real time application support to the trading desks
- Application support will be the first point of contact for any real time trading systems issues firm wide
- Some issues will be trading critical, others will require a lot of thought and technical skills, both to diagnose and to resolve/improve
- You will work very closely with the trading desks, spending a lot of time with them
- You will also need to understand how the various development teams work, and how their in-house software and applications fit together
- The nature of the support requires coverage of global time zones
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to gain exposure to a trading environment, and to the technology involved in running a sophisticated global hedge fund. You must be self-motivated, a good communicator and possess the technical skills to provide the desired level of support.
- Ideally applicants should a 2:1 degree in a related subject
- Possess some transferable experience working in a technical focused role
- Experience in handling issues and expectation management
- Experience in Application Support and/or software development and deployment
- Good Unix skills including scripting experience is a major plus
- Experience of working with databases
- Can work in a fast moving environment.