The project manager will be responsible for the day to day management of technology project(s) in support of the Procurement and CRES technology roadmap.
Overall purpose of role
- The Project Managers role is to be responsible for driving the inception, planning, and delivery of one or more projects
- Works with the Delivery Manager/Portfolio Managers to successful delivery of projects to plan, budget, quality and in compliance with Barclays project methodology standards.
- Drive / Support the requirements gathering phases of projects to ensure that high quality requirements are available.
- Formulation of project artefacts as set out in Barclays project methodology standards, including "project terms of reference" and detailed "project plans".
- Liaise with portfolio managers/work stream leads (as applicable) to ensure coordination of tasks across projects
- Oversee the creation of test plans that ensure testing is realistic and provides full coverage
- Manage and track delivery of deployment activities across the business and technical teams
- Work collaboratively with the business and technical change teams.
- Management of Project Risk and Issues.
- Work closely with related PMO teams to ensure project deliverables, risks, and issues are integrated from a programme perspective.
- Ensure the necessary BAU hand-over requirements (including documentation) is delivered / in place to support transition to service run teams.
- Troubleshoot as required to ensure plans are met and early mitigations of potential delays managed
- Drive increased efficiencies across the team in order to deliver more for less
- Understand the projects critical path in order to make well-judged decisions
- Project status reporting and resource and financial forecasting
- Specific accountabilities.
- The project manager will be responsible for the day to day management of technology project(s) in support of the Procurement and CRES technology roadmap.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- The role holder will be required to work together with a wider range of business and technical teams, including Procurement, Cres, Finance and HR to ensure that projects are planned, managed and delivered in a controlled and structured manner.
- Build and maintain a global network of relationships across Global IT infrastructure partners, Global Information Security teams, Corporate Real Estate and Security business analysts, Design Authorities, Technical specialists.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- The role holder will support the Procurement/CRES Management Team acting as the point of contact for queries relating to their domain.
- The role holder will be required to communicate and summarise complex topics concisely and drive practical outcomes
- Enlists others in working towards the organisation goals; takes prompt and effective action to rectify problems within the team
- Identify problems, and address by gathering information required in order to make rational decision to resolve
Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new business domains and processes
- Proven ability to multi-task, be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressured environment with changing priorities
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Good team player and self-motivated
- Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- High attention to detail and quality of work
- Able to create clear technical specifications from business requirements
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Project Management experience covering multiple full development lifecycles
- Project Management methodology certification (Prince II)
- Experience of Agile Methodologies, in particularly planning and executing Sprints
- Experience of project estimating techniques
- MS Project proficiency
- Strong presentation skills and good communication skills at a senior level
- Strong client liaison and problem solving skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Investment banking experience
- Working with regulatory milestones
- Strong Analytical and documentation skills
- Risk and Issue management techniques and experience
- Managing across geographically dispersed teams
- Strong Business knowledge