- Excellent + Benefits
- Brixworth, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Brixworth Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Barclays UK
- 20 mars 18 2018-03-20
* Responsible for creating technology solutions to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures
The primary function of Barclaycard Payment Solutions business is the running of payment transactions for 30% of the UK high street, adding business value by leveraging technology solutions and payments domain / industry knowledge. The tower also operates across Barclaycard and the wider bank providing payment solutions where the other business units are acting as a merchant or in the operation of authorisations and settlement routing.
Overall purpose of role
- Responsible for creating technology solutions to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures
- Working with the relevant Project Manager, Lead Solutions Designer, or Technology Partner - responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution
- Provide ad-hoc consultancy as required to the business on technical matters
- Responsible for creating technology solutions, and stage 0 costs, to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures. Work with supply chain (including external) as appropriate.
- Adding clarity to business requirements; challenges business requirements and demands to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created
- Identifying common or duplicative needs across SBU, Cluster & GTIS
- Thinks outside of the box to support the business in delivering its strategic objectives rather than just responding to a pre-defined request,
- Works with project managers and Global Technology Sourcing to advise on supplier and cost options, and to ensure that the validity of the overall solution is fully represented and considered in any RFI/RFPs process, or in the creation and evaluation of proof of concept solutions
- Working with the relevant project manager and Lead Solutions Architect, responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution specified. This will be achieved by reviewing project design artefacts (e.g. Stage 1) and the impact of significant change requests.
- Able to rationalise between different solution options in a complex environment and define pros and cons based on a driving forces from a commercial, operational and technology viewpoint.
Presents a positive, professional, constructive image to customers and suppliers alike.
Working with peer group in the business, can identify customer satisfaction gaps through regular communication.
Able to work with Lead Solutions Architect and Lead Technology partner to represent department to senior business stakeholders.
Able to create fit for purpose technology solutions which address the combined challenges of
- meeting business need
- being deliverable within reasonable time and budgetary constraints
- correspond to Barclaycard strategic guidance
Familiar with integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications.
Excellent understanding of best practice architectural and design methods.
- an in-depth knowledge and expertise of one or more specific technical platforms
Can describe existing technology infrastructure across all major functions / departments and has a comprehensive grasp of emerging technologies.
Has a working knowledge of the key issues in implementing secure systems.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.