Information Security Officer
- Camberly, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Camberly Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 26 mai 18 2018-05-26
Information Security Officer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Information Security (GIS)
Are you a dedicated professional? Want to work in a dynamic, high-energy environment? We are currently seeking an Information Security Officer to join our team in Camberley. You will be a functional member of the Business Information Security Officer's (BISO) organisation and work closely with the Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) Chief Information Officers (CIOs)/Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) teams to develop a keen understanding of the business in order to have specialised information security risk-based discussions.
This relationship will ensure a focus on the right risk priorities. You will be the day-to-day point of contact providing mentorship on information security topics, policies, and controls. Ultimately, you will become a trusted advisor to our partners.
You will collaborate with the GIS Business Engagement and Risk Consulting Manager in EMEA and serve as an authority on the development, implementation and maintenance of information security for the line of business (LOB).
You will provide mentorship and advocacy regarding the prioritisation of LOB investments and the impact on GIS.
You will advise LOB partners on risk issues related to information security and recommends actions in support of the bank's wider risk management and compliance programs. You will also act as a contact to the LOB for ad hoc enquiries.
As an Information Security Officer what will your main responsibilities involve?
- Providing advisory and leadership for changes within GBAM environment where related to security using the regional information security consultants and global operational response teams as needed
- Working in collaboration with the Risk teams supporting them in their activities and helping them continue to develop processes and solutions
- Working with the global BISO organisation to ensure that GIS requirements and initiatives are communicated, discussed and tracked in an effective, consistent and timely way
- Building and maintaining a network of partners
- Conducting routine liaison and coordination across the risk partners and technology groups to remediate GIS issues showing red or amber on the vulnerability remediation dashboard
- Coordinating and drive remediation of ad hoc GIS issues and assist partners to reach a resolution in line with GIS baselines and standards
As an Information Security Officer what skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Experience within an information security technology operational, engineering or consulting
- team with deep knowledge of the security controls and processes required within systems and networks
- Solid interpersonal skills to be able to communicate, influence and negotiate with senior partners to obtain or use necessary resources
- Experience within a technology and financial organisation at a mid-level to senior level with good knowledge of Application Security controls and risks
- Understanding of the concepts of vulnerability management and associated monitoring solutions and practices
- Experience of formal security risk assessment methodologies
- In depth technical level of understanding of Technology Infrastructure operations, showing a sound understanding of subject matters
- Previous experience working within a financial institution
- Ability to initiate own work priorities and handle a portfolio independently
- Good communicator able to deliver difficult messages and resolve issues with partners
- Show ability to work as part of integral team in EMEA GIS
- Excellent oral and written briefing skills with the ability to produce and present management progress and status reports
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.