Senior Backend Software Development Engineer - Amazon Ring
DESCRIPTION Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Backend Software Development Engineer, you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. You will work on distributed cloud systems (predominantly in Java), as well as undertaking feasibility studies to design cloud software solutions. You will design features and systems architecture and driving its implementation. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well own the deployment, operation and scaling of our always-on distributed system that serves Ring customers worldwide.
You will be successful in this role if you:
• Enjoy collaborating with partners, colleagues and teams across the world
• Have previous expertise working with distributed systems and understand how they are deployed
• Can drive tasks to completion and take full ownership of projects
• Are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
• Can deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive experience with hands-on software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in, at least, one Object Oriented programming language
• Experience working with distributed systems or applications
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting and problem solving skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with primary AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.