Corporate Tax Manager
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of shaping a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth.
We’ve created our own unique culture – one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around a Challenger Leadership style and a Shared Enterprise model.
Our Cardiff office is primarily focused on the Small Corporate and OMB markets in South Wales across a multitude of sectors. The Tax team in Cardiff are here to help these businesses grow in what is an increasingly complex tax environment and our work embraces everything from preparing tax returns to negotiating with tax authorities and providing advice tailored to our client's unique circumstances.
We now have an opportunity for a Manager to join the team and be part of our growth plans for South Wales.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning and performing tax consultancy assignments.
- Prepares and files ruling requests on behalf of our clients.
- Accurately interprets advice obtained from other specialists and questions where required.
- Presents solutions to increasingly complex technical issues.
- Demonstrates an awareness of technical risk through well supported research.
- Provides intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively.
- Writes high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners.
- Reviews and mentors executives giving regular feedback, timely performance reviews and provides development opportunities.
- Manages a team on specific projects.
- Provide 'on the job' development to Executives.
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self development.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm.
- Builds a rapport with the individual client and develops a clear and detailed understanding of the business and client expectations.
- Deals with a wide range of technical issues and client situations.