Finance Support Analyst, Engagement Support Services, Cardiff
We are looking to recruit outstanding individuals to become a pivotal part of our Project Controller Group (PCG) Lite team within the Engagement Support Services (ESS) function based in Cardiff.
This is an exciting and new opportunity to join our fast paced and growing team, and to be at the forefront of efficient working practices for the firm's service lines and clients. Your role
PCG Lite provides centralised project financial management services to Deloitte Consulting client projects. Our core principles are to bring process efficiency, to operate a process of continual improvement and to drive consistency across all project financial management tasks.
You will work as part of a dedicated skillset team to help achieve these principles, with a coaching and mentoring structure in place to provide you with guidance and support. Though the PCG Lite function is not a direct client facing team, we are involved in assisting with the completion and delivery of engagement finances which will give you a broad insight into how Deloitte manages client project finances.
As our team begins to rapidly expand you will be able to grow and develop with it. You will have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert and to advance both your technical and soft skills through our structured training and career development plans. Your responsibilities
You will have responsibility for delivering a comprehensive range of project financial and our financial system (SAP) tasks. Training will be provided to cover each aspect of the responsibilities below.
Your work, your choice
- Providing engagement financial support to Deloitte consulting project managers and project controller group
- Working effectively in a diverse team and embracing the team's culture and identity
- Supporting the creation of a WBS codes for new client projects, completing necessary procedures and set up of new engagement/client records in SAP
- Calculating client billing amounts, performing financial analysis and producing a variety of reports as required
- Producing client report documents using Microsoft Office tools
- Updating internal systems with relevant client project information
- Ensuring compliance and contractual requirements are met and maintained throughout the duration of a client engagement
- Support transactional activities for PCG based in London and Belfast
- Organising and taking meeting minutes and producing meeting agendas
- Supporting engagement close down procedures, such as producing final bills and archiving
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Our team come from a diverse range of backgrounds and often with limited project or financial controller experience. One thing our team has in common is pride in their role and dedication to quality and service. We are looking for people who are:
- Experience in a finance or accounting environment
- Higher education in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred
- Able to use their own initiative, to be proactive and able to identify appropriate solutions to problems
- Able to produce consistent high quality work with emphasis on attention to detail
- Able to collaborate with others to achieve common goals
- Organised and able to focus and prioritise
- Professional and confident in both written and verbal communications
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage customer expectations
- Able to collaborate effectively and be able to share knowledge and experience with colleagues
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (training will be provided depending on your level of competency)
PCG Lite by ESS
The PCG Lite function is a flexible, scalable service delivery model within Engagement Support Services (ESS), part of Deloitte's Practice Support Services (PSS). Teams based in Cardiff, India and Milton Keynes work seamlessly to provide a range of high quality services and support directly to service line colleagues across Audit, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax.
A move to PCG Lite will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career. Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173555