- Chester, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Chester Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 14 juin 18 2018-06-14
At our Chester office, you would be joining the only Tier 1 investment bank in the North West of England. Our Chester office supports the Chief Finance Office Group which serves a number of essential functions within Bank of America.
The finance team supports the various businesses which trade a variety of products ranging from credit, interest rate and FX products in addition to Equity based products such as options & futures.
The primary function of the finance team is to provide control and business advisory guidance to key business partners; Price Verification (PVG), Trading Desk, Credit & Market risk, Regulatory Group and the RWA team.
As a Financial Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
Daily P&L & Balance Sheet - Reporting & Oversight:
- Production and/or review of official daily P&L explain and its provision for VaR backtesting
- Approval of daily sub-ledger P&L
- Responsibility for daily management adjustments to P&L
- Daily P&L reporting to local and regional management
- Oversight of trader estimate to official T+1 P&L variances as business unit level
- Preparation of daily P&L commentary and substantiation to market events
- Review of changes to daily balance sheet & substantiation to transactional activity
Core Financial Oversight Functions:
- Price verification (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Validation of appropriate application and use of models for books & records
- Monthly & quarterly revenue commentary
- Balance sheet analysis (capital, liquidity, exposures etc) including inventory aging and its reporting
- Determining and implementing appropriate accounting policies & procedures (with Accounting Policy)
- internal control process, including SOX
Planning & Reporting:
- Participation in the formulation of business strategy; plans; budgets; and forecasts
- Provide regular updates, analytics and commentary on Line of Business performance
- Manage the expense approval process for both deal-related and organisational expenses; provide expense analytics and assist the business with recovering deal-related expenses
As the Financial Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Good Academic profile with a 2:1 at degree
- Good excel skills with the ability to build and use spreadsheets
- Demonstrable risk identification and management
- Client focused approach
- Investment banking experience
- Knowledge of derivatives and associated products
Part Qualified Accountant
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment
Chester, Herons Way
- United Kingdom
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 35